The Stamps I Use

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year crafty peeps! I don't have a card to post right now to welcome the new year but I just wanted to stop in and wish you all a very happy, healthy and creative new year.

Thinking back on the last year, I know I did NOT accomplish some of my crafting goals
  • use up more of my paper stash instead of adding to it. I REALLY added to it!
  • use all of my stamps (sets) at least once.....ummmm. Again, I bought lots more stamps and some of THEM haven't been used yet.
However, there were some highlights:
  • I got to play along with the design team at PaperWorksCo for the last half of the year and it was a total blast. Thanks Peggy for putting your baby into the hands of at least one newbie (me). I hope we did okay and did not cause you too much anxiety.
  • I took a chance at being creative and submitted my idea for a "sprout" to TGF and was actually selected for one of the ideas on which to vote. And considering it took me longer to scan the drawing than it did to draw it (on the last day for submissions), I was pretty tickled.
  • I met some really nice folks both online and in real life, thanks to this hobby, and have made this discovery: card-making/paper-crafting is a pass time that gives two-fold: to the creator and to the recipient of the creation.

and, to round up the year, I came across this awesome quote from Wil Wheaton (yes, Wesley Crusher for STNG) which I absolutely love as I have heard this too many times to count:


The single most insulting thing you can tell a creative person is, upon viewing their creation, "you have too much free time.

 

 

 So....turn your back on those that say that sort of thing and keep it crafty in 2010! I'll be looking forward to seeing your creations in the new year!

 

oh, and before I forget, the January PaperCard kit is now available at PaperWorksCo





This kit contains:

  • 12 – 6"x6" Patterned Paper from My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection
  • 3 - 8.5"x11" sheets of Simply Smooth Cardstock from Prism (2 white, 1 ivory)
  • 2 – 8.5" x 11" sheets of Cardstock from Bazzill Basics’s Smoothies Line
  • 1 – 8.5" x 11" sheets of Core'dination Cardstock
  • 4 – 8.5" x 11" sheets of Prismatics Cardstock
  • Assortment of flocked brads/boutique brads from Doodlebug and Bling brads from Bazzill
  • 2 yards of Ribbon from Bazzill Basics
  • Dewdrops from Robin's Nest
  • BONUS – 12x12 sheet of My Mind's Eye Be Loved Accessory Sheet
Enough to make AT LEAST 10 full size cards!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

A Happy New Year Sheena - I hope 2010 is a great year for you! So glad we found eachother - thanks for your fab friendship! I look forward to more crafting times together this year!
Hugs, Danielle

The PaperWorks said...

sheena!

babes.. you did well.. im so happy you joined us...you are a true rockstar, and you lead the blog so gracefully!

thank you so much for the much needed nags.. and in return i promise i wont send you to bed when you email me in the middle of the night lol

happy new year!