The Stamps I Use

Friday, January 22, 2010

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...

oh, that title just gave me a cool idea for a card....using my StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory stamps that have yet to see ink.....

anyways, that's how easy it is for me to get distracted. I just realized I haven't posted anything crafty since Tuesday so I figured I would just pop in to say "Hi!". Not many birthdays for me from mid to late January. So, I don't have any new cards to show since I am a bit of a procrastinator. Sad thing is, I took Thursday and Friday off this week too!

Granted, yesterday was mostly a wash. Literally. I did laundry and a bunch of other house related chores. Today...I fought the to-do list. Did a couple of things from it....added some more.

I did do SOME crafty things though.

Paid a visit to Jenn this afternoon to stamp some images for the baby quilt for our little niece who will soon be making an appearance! She is going to have THE COOLEST nursery ever. Think of it - uber creative Jenn is her Mom. You KNOW that nursery is going to be unique. I am hopefully going to make an acceptable quilt to coordinate with the nursery. We shall see if my implementation matches my vision!

Before I popped out to Jenn's though I spent some time in my craft room, sorting through my CTMH paper packs. Pulling all the cardstock out of the paper packs (that's a Jenn tip by the way) to organize it a little better. Now to get my dearly beloved to build me ANOTHER cabinet for the craft room....

So...while I was doing that I came to the realization that if the producers of the show "Hoarders" ever saw just how much paper is in my craft room, that I would become an episode. I have never seen the show but one of my coworkers keeps telling me about it. If a tv camera shows up at my door one day, I will know who ratted me out.

In all seriousness though, how on earth do I go about making enough cards to whittle down my current stash? Notice I said current - there's a big order of all the new CTMH paper packs and some cardstock on the way - eep! I only have so many friends and family members to whom I can give cards for birthdays, anniversaries and holidays. I think I may have to start making up my own holidays or card giving occasions. What do you think?  Would my dearly beloved appreciate getting a "Congratulations - you put your dirty laundry in the hamper!" card?

hmmm.....probably not. Maybe I should think about a store on etsy or ebay or shophandmade.....

right after I get the four baby quilts and my own quilt finished!

No comments: