The Stamps I Use

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My oldest Magnolia's

Hi ... AGAIN!!! Can you believe this is my third post for today? Trying to get the February occasions out of the way so I can focus on the baby quilt.

The Stampe Shoppe issued a challenge to use your oldest Magnolia and oldest papers. Well, I used one of my oldest CTMH paper packs - the Serendipity Heart of Winter project pack! I have two of them so I figure it is okay if I cut into one of them.

I couldn't remember which was my oldest Magnolia but these two were on the first page of my Magnolia binder - which means they are pretty early purchases. Dreamy Tilda and Giggling Tilda.

 





As you can see, I used the same sketch from KL Stampin and Scrappin for the layout, but just switched up the papers and the images.

Both cards also qualify for the Just Magnolia challenge to use hearts and flowers.
  • the papers are covered in flowers and I have added three lacy flowers for embellishment and
  • my perfectly coordinated eyelets in the upper right corner are actually heart shaped!
AND....we aren't done with the challenges folks! Giggling Tilda actually fits in with the Saturday Spotlight challenge - bigger is better! She is actually larger than the panel on which I have placed her - her little legs are dangling over the edge! Plus...well, both cards are not your average size A2 - they are a whopping 6x6 inches -- that's extra postage here in Canada because they are considered OVERSIZE! That's a shame too because I have been making lots of 6x6 cards lately....

Well, hope your weekend is continuing to be terrific!

27 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Two really sweet creations here! Just adore your magnolia images and your coloring is fab!! Giggle Tilda is so perfect for the BIG challenge!! ;) Thanks fo joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week! HUGS

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

How adorable are both of these creations! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week! We do hope to see you again next challenge!!

Danielle said...

These are such beautiful cards Sheena! The papers are gorgeous - I really love the brown/blue combo!
I have something for you over on my blog!
Hugs, Danielle

Sparkle said...

Such cute cards!

Imke said...

Both cards are really cute. I love the image and i use my card also for both challenges !

Tanya Rudd said...

Love the pastel look to these. The design papers are fab too.
Hugs
Tanya

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ohh, how wonderful that you fit them in both the Saturday Spotlight and the KL Stampin N Scrappin Challenge. GREAT job with the sketches! Thanks for joining us!! :) Kelly

StampShoppe said...

Your cards are so cute! Sorry to be getting to them so late, has been a busy week LOL. I like using Giggling Tilda for Birthday cards, especially for my older sister ;)
Thanks for playing along.
*Heidi*

Val said...

Your cards are soooooo great. I'm a newbie to Magnolia and I'm desparately trying to decide what I need first - I want them all!!!!!!

Crazystamper said...

These just ROCK...I'm from Ontario and lovin my Maggies. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

akuperstein said...

Beautiful cards. I love the blue and brown color theme. Great job.
Andrea

Myrna said...

Very nicely done on both of them. Really like your papers and great job on your coloring. I've always liked the Dreamy Tilda doesn't every little girl at some point lay on the floor like that! TFS

Barb Hardeman said...

Sheena, what a wonderful job you did on both these cards! They are super cute, well colored and the paper is wonderful. I love the heart brads that you managed to fit onto each of these cards. BTW, it's extra postage here in the USA also, but it's so worth it! That's standard size for European card makers...so perhaps that's why Magnolia's are a little on the large size...hugs...Barb

Nancy said...

Both of your cards are adorable! Great job coloring both of these Tildas.
Hugs,
Nancy

Sharon Caudle said...

They're both wonderful! Love the color combo and both Tildas are just too cute! Thanks for sharing! hugs!

Peggie said...

Great cards. Love the colors.

Suzanne J Dean said...

They're both just precious--lovely papers and color combos too! Glad you decided to share with us--hope to see more :o)

hugz,
Suzanne

Robin said...

Lovely cards!!! I really like the paper you used!!

Patti.Jo said...

Both of these cards are very cute! Love the papers and your sketch too!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling cards! You did a great job!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Jean said...

Very nice card , coloring is great and love the papers you blended together...
Hugs, Jean

Candy said...

Very sweet cards! Love the colours you have used. Please make sure you show us more :o)
Hugs Candy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Cute birthday card`s!!Love the colors,paper,and Tilda images!!

Bev said...

Such beatuiful cards, love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable!!!
thanks so much for joining Sat. Spotlight!
blessings, Maria

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

How cute!

glowinshadow23 said...

These two cards are just too too cute!!