The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sweet Home Card Set

Hi there,

so it is time for another card set. One of my co-workers had a birthday on December 31st. I honestly thought it wasn't until January 1st so I will be giving this to her late. On January 4th.

I decided to use this week's sketch from KL Stampin N Scrappin Blog for all of the cards I made in the set, ten of them, plus the card for the recipient and an extra for my stash. Twelve cards total. I was a busy card-maker this weekend. I made fourteen on Sunday (finished this set in the DARK in a power outage!) and eleven on Saturday.

Anyways, here is the card set!




I used papers from the Sweet Home collection by Close To My Heart. The buttons and ribbon were from my stash.





And some of my favourite "generic" images from a couple of Close To My Heart Stamp sets. Just Because and Celebrate the Everyday. The sentiment panels were cut out using my Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Petite Ovals.





I kept the cards identical except for switching up the ink colours on the images and sentiments. Indian Corn Blue and Garnet (the birthstone for January coincidentally).





I hope my co-worker likes them and can put them to good use!




And these were the last two cards - one will be her birthday card and one will go into my stash.




I SHOULD have another card set to show you soon. The wife of another coworker is turning fifty on January 5th and  I am hoping to find the time today to whip up another pretty coordinated set like this for her. I will probably keep it simple like this set and hope that she likes my paper choices.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great week!

Note that this is my second post for today. Feel free to scroll down to see the other cards  I made today.



ETA - Tanya pointed out to me that this week's challenge over at Practical scrappers is to use Buttons on your project! So...I submitted both my card sets!

.s.

5 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, what an awesome idea!! Glad you liked the sketch, and you sure got a lot of mileage out of it with this set. :) I need to get started on next year's Christmas cards. Maybe this sketch is the ticket. lol Hugs, Kelly

Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin blog

Kristine said...

WOWZERS!! That's a lot of cards, how AWESOME to get a whole SET made with our sketch!! LOVE IT SO MUCH!! Love your colors and papers and clean lines! THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with us at KLSNS!! *Ü*

MiamiKel said...

I love your take on the sketch and this set of cards is wonderful - your hard work really shows! :)

Kim said...

So very thoughtful...love your cards, simple elegance, with a sweet touch of button and ribbon. Lovely!
Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card set!! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!