The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 24, 2010

TGF's CHA Relay - Day 1

Hi there! So those of you who are fans of the The Greeting Farm probably already know about the CHA Relay that started today with a digi freebie of Merman Ian. I am hoping that this is a foreshadowing of what is to come this week and hope that the solo Ian's and Anya's are going to get partners - I have Mermaid Anya in rubber already. Wouldn't it be cute if Laddie Ian got a Lassie? Since my dearly beloved is a Mc......you know I already have the Laddie and would so LOVE to have a Lassie for him!

Anyways, on to my card for Day 1 of the relay. Please be kind if you comment -- I am battling a SEVERE migraine today so my card-making skills might be severely -- shall we say dulled -- at the moment.




I think he came out pretty cute. Now, I believe I had an AHA! moment when, after actually colouring four of these, I decided to print him out again so I could do a glitter-y fin. Yup, underneath that pretty sky blue micro glitter fin that I paper-pieced onto Mer Ian is an actual COLOURED fin. Nicely shaded and all but totally covered up. Yep. That's the sort of thing that too much Tylenol will lead you to do.

I used this week's OCC Sketch Challenge for the layout. The papers, except for the CTMH Outdoor Denim Cardstock, are (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) from my August PaperCard kit from PaperWorksCo (Cosmo Cricket Snorkel). The ribbons are from my July kit! Can you believe I STILL have not used up all of the goodies in those kits?

Of course, I could not resist giving Ian some beauty from under the sea. When I won Alica's blog candy from Paper Sundaes' first blog hop, I got these GORGEOUS self-adhesive pearls. Well, Ian is sporting the teeny-tiniest of the pearls on his necklace.

The image panel and sentiment panel are both cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities (Labels Four and Petite Ovals, respectively). Oh, and the sentiment? That's TGF as well - from Down by The Pool. Kind of an obvious choice I know but...I think that ultimately it will work out nicely as I can see giving this card to my nephew the next time he gets an awesome report card (he looks a lot like Ian).

So, there you have it. My Merman Ian. Now I have to figure out what to do with the other three I have coloured. Hmmmm...I wonder if Peggy has any of those PaperCard kits left in her back stock? Or more of the Snorkel papers from CosmoCricket?......

Oh, if anyone is wondering, the glitter I used is called Jewel Glitter Ritz Opaque Micro Fine Glitter in Sky Blue and I got it (and about a dozen or so other colours) from Heather's Stamping Haven here in Ottawa.

Hope you are all having a wonderful crafty weekend. Can't wait to see what digi is up next from The Greeting Farm

5 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card! I still need to finish mine...

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is darling and what a fab job for someone with a migraine! With limited ability to do anything, I'm glad to see you placed top priority on STAMPING!!! I love your take on the OCC sketch with the rick rack trim. So happy you were able to play with us this week!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is so wonderful! I don't think I will be able to participate so I will live through you and your creations.
Hugs
Tanya

chrissywitch said...

Just finished mine and wouldn't you know it, by camera batteries are dead. Hopefully I'll be able to recharge them before the deadline! Love your card!

Dana Grothaus said...

Your card is FANTASTIC! I love how you flipped the sketch. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.