The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TGF's CHA Relay - Day 3

So are you managing to keep up with TGF's CHA Relay? Phew - I'm struggling I must admit. I load my card to the gallery the night the digi is released (so far) and then have to remember the next morning before I go to work to leave a comment on the day's post at TGF so that my new digi is waiting for me when I get home. Then I print it out, choose some papers and a layout and then get to colouring.

Today's digi freebie was Toby Cub - perfect for baby cards! And since I know four couples who are expecting -- you can bet he will get used a few times. Notice I said he -- and my card is PINK!!!




Since only two of the couples know the gender - and both are girls - I made a girl baby card. So there!

All of the pink papers are from my stash and the chocolate cardstock is CTMH. Toby is coloured with PrismaColor Pencils.

And I am ready for the next digi!!! Our laser printer which has been warning us for over a year that it is low on black toner (8 percent for a year!!!) finally gave up the ghost and stopped printing today. Lucky me, I bought the replacement toner (ouch $120+) last year when we first started getting the warnings. Dearly beloved replaced it for me and I am good to go...high capacity toner so this one should last much longer!

Hope you are having a great day! I think I will try to whip up the last Verve Challenge card tonight and put the finishing touches on my quilt draft. Yes - I do a scale model layout of my quilts BEFORE I actually do them. And since this is a baby quilt with applique, I will actually translate that into a full-scale model as well. It is going to be so cute!!!

ETA - I forgot to mention. I originally started out with this week's sketch challenge from PaperWorksCo....but I wound up mixing up the pieces once I got everything "together" as I thought this layout worked a little better with the image. But creds to Peggy for the inspiration - if you move the pieces around the elements of the sketch ARE there!!!

And did you notice? I used three different patterned papers on this card! Perfect for this week's challenge over at Practical Scrappers! Using up the stash!

3 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

You rocked this digi. I love how cute this bear is.
Hugs
Tanya
P.S be sure to enter it into the Practical Scrappers challenge this week, it is all about using 2 or more design papers.

Kim Y. said...

Awww...this is so adorable! Love the pink!

AmandaB said...

What a sweet card.. Pink and brown is one of my favorite color combos, and the digi stamp you used is too cute.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers..

Amanda :0)