The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Valentine Pocket Card

Hi again...this is my second post for today so feel free to check out the earlier card as well!

This is the last of my Valentine cards for my nieces and nephews back in Newfoundland.



I made a Pocket Card following the PaperWorksCo Sunday Sketch challenge! ...and here is a picture of it with the tag pulled out so you can see all of "Melinda Blowing Kisses". I picked her up from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More after seeing some of the beautiful cards my friend Tanya makes with the Whiff of Joy stamps.





This card actually works for multiple challenges as well.
  • PaperWorksCo is sponsoring this week's challenge at PaperSundaes - something with a valentine theme! 
  • And the Pixie Cottage has a challenge to use pink or red. I was MISTAKEN when I thought I had picked up some Pixie Cottage stamps from Michelle's - when I went through my stack of new stamps today I found my Whiff of Joy and StampAVie stamps...no Pixie Cottage! You know what that means -- I need to do some more shopping (especially since some of the Hannah images are being released in a smaller size more suitable for A2 cards).
Anyways - what else about the card? Oh, the papers are Bo Bunny Love Bandit. The ribbon is from my stash, as are the cute pink heart brads. The sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie (from my Lucy and Ricky stamp again). Oh, Melinda is coloured with Prismacolor pencils and I put some super fine glitter on her wings to add a little sparkle.

Phew....I think that's it for me and the valentine cards....maybe.

11 comments:

Sparkle said...

Just adorable!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is awesome! I love how the green got incorporated. This is one fabulous Valentines card.

Hugs
Tanya

Carla aka scrappypug said...

fabulous! I need to try making a pocket card too- I never have. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

BananaStamper said...

Such a fun pocket card! She is colored beautifully and I love the glitter! Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Shanna :)

Blankiefinder said...

Great card! What a pretty image, and you colored her beautifully! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

alicaz said...

great pocket card - love your coloring! Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes

HappyCrafter said...

What a sweet pocket card, we really don't see too many of those and they are so neat! I'm glad you were able to join us this week with the Paper Sundaes challenge.

Danderella said...

This is gorgeous...what a fun idea to make it a pocket card. Very nice.

Anne said...

Your card is beautiful, great coloring. (I look forward to se your creations with Pixie Cottage stamps too =) Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

CreaRenata said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

Katie said...

This is gorgeous!
I love the pocket and I'm sure your nieces and nephews will too!
Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.