The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Viva la Verve...and my Dad

Hi folks,

decided to tackle some of the birthday cards that I need for this week. First up, my Dad's birthday card since I am going to have to express post this to him as his birthday is on January 7. He is going to be 59!!! Now, he is still at sea and is not expected back in until after his birthday - so there will be a big party I imagine when he gets home as he also missed Christmas and New Year's ... again.




I also made another card almost identical to this one....going to try heeding my dearly beloved's advice to make multiples of my cards so I will have some on hand if life unexpectedly gets in the way of some needed crafting time. So....this is the extra card I now have for my stash:




I used the first Viva la Verve challenge sketch for 2010 for the card layout and some REALLY old papers from my stash. I think these were among some of the first papers I ever got (from Costco about two years ago).

On my Dad's card, the metallic papers is embossed with a star pattern, on my spare there is a flower pattern. Not sure how well that shows up in the photos.

Anyways, I made good use of one of my favourite Verve Stamp Sets - Birthday Surprise and then added the Dad sentiment from another set (unknown manufacturer) and the present from CTMH's Good Times. I'll be stalking the postie this week - I got my email yesterday from Verve saying that my latest order is on it's way! Yippee!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.


card details:
finished size: 6x6 inches
papers: CTMH Black and Tulip cardstock plus DPs from my stash
stamps: Verve Birthday Suprise, CTMH Good Times
embellishments: brads
tools: Cuttlebug, Small and Large Petite Circles

1 comment:

Sparkle said...

What darling cards!