The Stamps I Use

Friday, January 15, 2010

With love - and some chipboard!

Hi again...I'm back with another of the Verve Release Week Challenges. This time VSJAN10A - to use chipboard.

I have a selection of celtic knot chipboard from Maya Road that I absolutely love. My favourite thing to do with the pieces is to ink them with black ink and then cover them with black embossing powder that I heat up with my heat gun. The end effect is that the chipboard looks like a piece of wrought or cast iron.



I love this clean and simple look. I used this week's Card Patterns Sketch #46 for the layout. The colour combination of pink (I used two different pinks), black and my neutral white (on the ribbon and corner brads) was inspired by this week's challenge at KL Stampin and Scrappin.

And lo and behold - the sentiment is from Verve! I got my latest Verve order just this afternoon. Perfect timing!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

dstandard said...

Love this - thanks for joining us!

Tanya Rudd said...

Absolutely AMAZING! I really like this. I really have to try to make more cards that do not entail coloring.
Hugs
Tanya

yyam said...

Oh this is lovely! What a unique take on the CP sketch!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

very pretty card! I like your use of colors!

whoistracy said...

Very creative! I love that Celtic knot you used.

Risa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.