The Stamps I Use

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A card for dearly beloved's step mom

Hi folks,

well, a third post for me today - with a card! This one is for dearly beloved's step mom's birthday tomorrow. I made the cake today and will be decorating it tomorrow morning before we head out to visit the family for a celebratory dinner.

 


I used the Week 3 sketch from the Viva la Verve challenges for February for the layout and took my colour inspirations from the inspiration photo #2. The papers are from the Pretty Please collection (I believe from My Mind's Eye). I know I picked them up at PaperWorksCo a while back. I distressed them to add a little interest to the papers and it just so happens that the challenge over at Paper Sundaes this past week was to distress your card. I used my handy dandy tool from CTMH which I recently picked up. Must say - I like it!

The stamped sentiment is from Verve's Wishing You stamp set.

I used a bunch of my Spellbinders on this card - on the front I used my circles and squares and inside I used the kaleidoscope borderabilities.

The ribbon and flower were from my stash.

Hope you are continuing to have a great weekend - feel free to scroll down to see my other two posts from today.

3 comments:

Blankiefinder said...

Very pretty card, and I love the MME papers! Thanks for joining us again at Paper Sundaes!!

yyam said...

Really lovely card! Love the sweet colors and the sentiment! :)

Tanya Rudd said...

This is so pretty Sheena. I love the rough edges too. That little flower is adorable. Got to love finding things in our stashes eh!
Hugs
Tanya