The Stamps I Use

Thursday, February 18, 2010

PaperWorksCo February PaperCard Kit

Hi folks...well, I decided to take a couple of hours this morning away from quilting to work on a card set for a friend who I hope to see next week for a lunch for her birthday that was actually on February 5th.  Well, that was nearly 5 hours ago but I am happy to say the card set is complete. Warning - this is a long post as I am including photos of all of the cards.

I made twelve cards in about four hours using the February PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo (plus card bases I made from Staples 110 lb 8.5 x 11 cardstock).


I used the same layout for all of the cards - this week's sketch from PaperWorksCo



I had a new stamp set - the January Stamp Of The Month from CTMH - True Friends, which was perfectly suited to this sketch - it has four fancy frames that I stamped in Memento Pure Cocoa. To these I added the sentiments in the stamp set as well as sentiments from CTMH Moments.

These are the cards from the set. I used the Spellbinders Small and Large Deckled rectangles for the panels behind the fancy frames. I thought the frame needed a little more punch so I used my white gel pen to outline the deckled rectangle mat.


 






















I hope my friend likes the set. I think it has a very retro feel thanks to the papers - Simple Pleasures from 3 Bugs in a Rug. Of course, now I  have to make the birthday card that will be given with these and maybe a pretty tag.

I imagine I will try to do something with my leftovers from making these cards from the kit. I have twelve strips that are 2 x 6 and .75 x 4 from each of the DPs and six pieces that are 5 x 5.5 from the card fronts. Not to mention the three untouched pieces of cardstock....and ribbons, buttons, flowers and dew drops! Oh, in case you are wondering about the diecuts from My Mind's Eye that are in the pic of the kit -- my kit did not seem to have that included but I still did not even notice that they were missing until I wrote this post. That's how generous the REST of the embellishments are in the kit! (ETA -  how sweet is this? Peggy read my post and my diecuts are on their way - I told her to wait until my Spellbinders Pre-order comes in though. Did you remember to take advantage of the pre-order? You have until friday! Now I'll have to make even more cards with my kit!)

By the way, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time - take one of the PaperCard Kits and use it exclusively to make a card set for someone. I mean, you can't beat the economics of it. For $11.99 I made twelve cards - and still have leftovers! Try going to a card store and see what you get for that price!

2 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely set!

Tanya Rudd said...

You are the best Sheena! Love each one.
Hugs
Tanya