The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time out for a card

Hi folks,

so I am missing card making SO much and I needed a birthday card for a coworker's birthday this coming Friday that I took a couple of hours this morning to make a card - well two cards actually. I made basically the same card for dearly beloved's brother's birthday in early March. Apparently, March is the male birthday month for me -- my brother, dearly beloved's brother, my uncle and dearly beloved. All of them in the first half of March. No female birthdays!

Anyways, here are the cards:


This one goes to my co-worker (ETA - dearly beloved called this one King Hotdog)



And this one goes to dearly beloved's brother (ETA - dearly beloved called this one King Pickle):



I used sketch 29 from the Sketch and Stash Challenge blog for the layout. The papers are recent additions to my collection - CTMH You Rock. The buttons I used are very old - from my stash (they were found this weekend while I was looking for something while I was quilting -- it was like a treasure hunt!). I also added some dew drops and stickles to the cupcakes to give them a little bling. The ribbon is from my stash of little ribbon rounds that I picked up at Fabricland a little while back.

The stamped images are from StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory Collection (a couple of different sets actually) - I guess the quilt has me in a Doodlefactory mood! Speaking of which....back to sewing for a few hours! Maybe I'll get to make another card tonight!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cool birthday cards Sheena - I love them! Perfect for the guys too!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

These are absolutely fantastic! I want to go home and craft now. Yeah for Inspiration a la Sheena!

Hugs
Tanya

Sparkle said...

Such cute cards!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards ,, I love these images and the colours and papers you used are perfect ! I am sure they will love these ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Sketch n Stash Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Becky said...

What amazing cards!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and stash!
Love Becky xx

Cathy said...

Fsbulous card and great image. Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

dstandard said...

What a cute image - great cards!