The Stamps I Use

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine Explosion Boxes

Hi folks...Wow...it's been a few days since I posted. hmmm...maybe I should have scheduled some of those multiple posts from the past weekend for this week!

Well, after finishing up the valentine cards for my nieces and nephew, I figured I would make them a little treat box or bag of some sort in which to put a few chocolates (they also get $$$ in their cards but a little sweet is always a nice treat!).

I really wanted to put a good dent into my Valentine papers I purchased this year from PaperWorksCo as I am really going to strive to reduce the amount of STUFF in my craft room. I am saying this after Jenn delivered a MASSIVE load of all the new CTMH papers and some extra card stock I wanted to go with them.

Anyways, back to my project. I decided to make some little explosion boxes like one I had been given last year. There is a great tutorial on SCS for these with one little caveat - the lid needs to be bigger! The instructions on SCS say to cut the lid paper 4 1/4 inches in size but I found that is too snug and buckles the side of the box. So, I increased my paper to 4 3/8 inches square and kept the scoring the same (at 7/8) and found that the lid fit just perfectly.



I made five explosion boxes using the Bo Bunny Love Bandit papers - mixing the bases and lids so they would all be different. I chose the Bo Bunny papers because they are very heavy weight and double sided so you get a pretty pattern on the inside of the box as well. The tags for the boxes are from the cut-out sheet that coordinates with the papers. You can get all of these here at PaperWorksCo - and the nice thing about these papers is that they can be used all year round. Think of nice love, anniversary, wedding or birthday cards. I'm pretty sure that my leftovers will be cropping up on cards all year round as some of the patterns are quite versatile. I think I will submit my little project to Verve's Challenge: Tags, Tins and Treats. There have been some very cute projects in their project parade - probably why I felt inspired to make these for my nieces and nephew.

And mark your calendars for tomorrow (Friday Feb 5) between 8pm and 10pm Eastern! PaperWorksCo is launching their next stamp set release on their blog - and I see from the sneaky peeks and Peggy's teasing that there are going to be a couple of new members for the PaperWorksCo family! I'm hoping I can stop in for the release party but I am planning on having dinner with a friend and then spending some time stamping/crafting with her.

Oh....and if you have any CC Designs Swiss Pixies in your collection, Danielle is hoping you wouldn't mind doing an image swap with her! Please check out her post here for the details! And that reminds me, if you ever see an image on one of my creations and would like for me to stamp you some if you don't have them yourself, you can always drop me a line via my email link on the sidebar and I would be happy to try to accomodate your request! Feel free to ask if I have others from that collection as odds are I do but haven't gotten around to inking them up yet! I think we all know about that!

Now, back to the craft room! I told dearly beloved I had been tidying up in there in the hopes of quilting today and he said if I wanted to do a little more tidying (i.e. get the tables out of his way), he would put up my new shelves he made for me --- tonight!!!

Now to move those two tables and everything that is ON and UNDER them!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Gorgeous explosion boxes Sheena - they turned out beautifully! Your nieces & nephew are so lucky!!
And how sweet of you to ask for the CC Designs for me - I've had an awesome response already so will hopefully have some coming my way real soon!
Hugs, Danielle

Stamp Talk with Tosh said...

Your little explosion boxes are just charming! I've never made one before. Love the papers! Your nieces and nephew will love them for sure!

Tanya Rudd said...

Oh Oh Oh, these are just fabulous! What a great idea, and chocolate to go with it. Just Awesome.
Hugs
Tanya

Amy Sheffer said...

Love your explosion boxes, Sheena! What great Valentine treat packaging!

Laural-Lee said...

The are so cute! I'm going to have to try those explosion boxes they look so easy but neat! Love love love the papers you chose!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fabulous project! These are just adorable!