The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Clean and Simple - with Verve

Hi folks,

so I could not stay out of the craft room today after all. The Verve March Release Challenges were calling to me. So, I started with the first one - clean and simple, with flowers.



I must confess, though you rarely see them here on my blog, my favourite style of card is Clean and Simple. I think it is because there are just SO many beautiful sentiment stamps out there (and trust me I have quite the collection of stamps). This one is from Verve's Hundred Hearts Set.

When you combine a lovely sentiment with some gorgeous papers (love this burgundy dotted swiss from my February PaperCard kit from PaperWorksCo) and a fancy embellie (a water lily flower from Martha Stewart and a glitzy button from my stash), you can make a fairly nice card, fairly quickly. Mind you, this card is about an inch thick so it won't be going in the post - I don't know if it will even go into an envelope when I give it to my sweetie. I think I will be saving it for our 10th anniversary of being together in May.

By the way, I took the Copic plunge. Not only am I on the wait-list for the class here in Ottawa, I decided to buy my first set of Copics. Since I had no idea what to get, I went to the Magnolia-licious site and bought the Magnolia Sketch Collection #1 - that's 35 markers plus a blender. I know, go big or go home. I figured that until I get used to picking my own colours, having someone else put together a set is a good idea. Plus, I would like to practice a bit with them BEFORE (fingers crossed) I take the class. Boy, it will be a real let-down if I don't get to take it. Anyways, I guess my markers and my class will be my birthday gift to me this year.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Ooo, you jumped on the copic bandwagon!! Go Sheena - you'll love them!! And I love this simple clean card too - fantastic sentiment and very beautifully put together! Love that flower! Fingers crossed we'll get into the copic course!!
Hugs, Danielle

Terri E. said...

Great dimension on the flower. Great job with the Verve spring fling challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Tanya Rudd said...

When is your birthday? Are you and April baby like me?

Hugs
Tanya