The Stamps I Use

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Card Patterns 53 and Quixotic 16

Hi folks,

I'm taking a couple of days off work this week - not on call! Yay! So I'll be hopefully making lots of progress on Ava's quilt. In fact, as soon as I finish writing this, I'll be clearing away the card-making paraphernalia, re-threading the correct thread in my sewing machine and gunning the motor!

But first I had to get this card made to pop into the mail for my uncle who has his 70th birthday on March 12th.



I used sketch #53 from Card Patterns for the layout. I layered two ribbons from my stash for the vertical stripes in the sketch.

The papers are from the CTMH Twitterpated collection and I thought they would be perfect for a masculine card.

The stamped leaves and sentiment are from Verve and work great for Quixotic Challenge #16: Leave it out! I first inked the leafy stamp with Sweet Leaf and then lightly inked just the edges with New England Ivy to give a little more depth to the image.

The sentiment is stamped with New England Ivy and cut out with Spellbinders Petite Circles (Small and Large).

Of course, I felt the image panel needed a little more oomph so I pulled out a few dew drops from my stash as well.

Well, that's my card-making therapy for today. Off to quilt and wait for dearly beloved to get home from work so I can go pick up a package at Purolator! I think it might be my February order from CTMH!!! yay! more goodies!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

That's a really love male card Sheena! The paper is fab and simple leaf stamp is perfect with the 3 dewdrops! Love it!
Hugs, Danielle

Sparkle said...

Such a great card.

dstandard said...

Such an elegant card!Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is one handsome card! Be sure to enter it into the Practical Scrappers challenge this week, it is all about ink/chalk. I love your use of ribbons. Love it.
Hugs
Tanya

lizaveta said...

Wow! So elegant card!!!

whoistracy said...

This is just gorgeous! I love blue and brown together.

Karen B. said...

So very masculine, its so refreshing to see that you can still use ribbon on a masculine card. Congratulations on being one of the top six at Card Patterns.

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Congrats dear,lovely card.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is a fabulous 70th card. So lovely. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim