The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 14, 2010

For my dearly beloved

Hi folks,

Finally have a chance to sit down today (did not even turn on my computer yesterday) and post the card I made  Friday night for my dearly beloved's birthday (it was yesterday).




The layout is from this week's Friday Sketchers. I made an acetate card base (ETA - this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge is "You're so slick" so the acetate base for this card is great for that challenge as well!) for this one and then used metal crafting mesh as my "DP", layered on plain black CTMH cardstock. Other than that, the card is pretty simple.

The sentiment panels were cut out using my brand new Labels Twelve die that I got from PaperWorksCo when Peggy did the big pre-order promo a few weeks back.

The sentiment stamps themselves are from CTMH and the hearts are from Verve and were stamped in CTMH Vineyard Berry.

The glimmery buttons are from my stash.

Anyways, hope you are all having a crafty weekend. I may not do much of anything crafty today other than tidy up my craft room. We entertained all day at our house yesterday and I am pretty pooped from being on my feet all day. Add to that the fact that I was paged at 3am this morning for work thanks to the daily savings time spring ahead and I am feeling pretty zonked today.

toodles for now!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh wow Sheena, this is an awesome card! I've seen that metal mesh at Dollarama (I believe?) and you've used it perfectly on this male card! I love the effect it gives! Doug will love this card - loving the new labels too Miss Nesties Queen! Hope you catch up on some sleep today!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

Those buttons are the fantastic! I rally love this card. I am loving the metal crafting mesh too.
Hugs
Tanya

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW this is awesome! What a great job of "slick" ... love that paper! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Sparkle said...

This is lovely!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous!! I love the colors and the accents look stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the look of this one!!Awesome take on the slick challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight.

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Holy Moly Bat Girl this is AWESOME!!! I love the mesh and the acetate together! Super cool combo!

Maria Matter said...

oh wow, this is amazing! great job on the slick challenge this week!
Blessings, maria