The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going a little green


Hi folks! So.....what do you think? Feeling Irish? Despite my name and my birthplace, I have no Irish in me. Hard to be believe of a Newfoundlander named Sheena but nope, my family's roots are all English.

I did get brave after all and cracked open my Copics tonight but I took very tiny baby steps - I used just two markers - the YG63 and YG67 to practice blending two colours on a very small scale on these lucky shamrocks.

Even I can see the difference between the ones that were coloured first and the ones that were coloured last. I get the feeling that I'll be practicing on botanicals and critters first before I get brave enough to try any of my "people" stamps. I get the feeling skin and hair will be a challenge for me. But, I'm packing some goodies to take to work to colour at lunch time again tomorrow so.....maybe I'll have something for you to critique on Wednesday night!

Anyways, I did have fun doing this quickie St. Patty's day card for my dearly beloved. Some additional details of interest:
  • I used Kazan's Sketch 48 for the layout from 2 Sketches 4 You.
  • the supplies (designer papers, cardstock and ribbon) are all from the March PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo. The kit has some very cute papers that would be great for baby or boy cards but, as you can see, you aren't limited to just those two themes!
  • the sentiment and shamrocks are all from the CTMH March Word Puzzle stamps set. Since the challenge this week at PaperWorksCo is to use Shamrocks on your card, you can bet I'll be submitting my card to that challenge. I went WAY overboard with the shamrocks!
  • the sentiment panels are Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eleven
  • this week's challenge over at Raise the bar is to go green --- I think it is safe to say that I went green on this card - green shamrocks, green ribbon, green DP....
  • over at the Pixie Cottage, their challenge this week is to also use the colour green! Lucky for me (get it?) that I actually made a St Patrick's day card since I don't often use much green on my cards.
  • and finally, since this week's saturday challenge over at the Secret Crafter is Anything Goes - I think a card for an occasion other than the usual birthday, anniversary or baby is just perfect!
Anyways, hope everyone had a fabulous evening and if you are reading this on Wednesday - I hope you have a terrific St. Patrick's day!

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a great card!

Kathy Martin said...

Wonderful card! Perfect for today...St. Patrick's Day! :)

Lea L. said...

What a fun card! I love all the shamrocks! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Kazan Clark said...

I love your Copic work - no more baby steps from now onwards!

Cheryl Nelson said...

such a cute card! love those shamrocks!

Mel X said...

Super card design, love the layout

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter, I hope you come back and see us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

Mel X

artish said...

great job blending and breaking out your copics!! Thank you for Going Green with the Pixie Cottage!