The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Have you ever felt intimidated

and excited at the same time?



Guess what Mr Postman delivered to me today? My order from Magnolia-licious! This is the Copic Sketch Set #1 put together for Magnolia-licious specifically for colouring magnolia stamps. 35 sketch markers plus the colourless blender....and I got a freebie Magnolia stamp as well!!!

Mr Postman delivered them quite late - I was actually home from work. So when the doorbell rang I ran to the door with great excitement since I had already picked up two other packages I was expecting earlier today (new roomba battery AND a gorgeous photo book of the tools my dearly beloved inherited) and I KNEW this had to be my markers.

But now....I'm sitting here looking at them....too intimidated to put ink to paper. At least I printed the Copic Marker hand colouring chart from the Magnolia-licious yahoo group....I can start with colouring in the blocks for the markers I now have. That's a small step .... right?


Oh....and I had to show you this....


These itty bitty Betty's are digis from Pink Cat Studio and have been coloured with PrismaColour pencils at lunch time. My walking partner is off for March break so I figured I would do a little colouring instead. I've been getting teased.....

3 comments:

Stephanie J said...

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Welcome to the Copic world!!! So... if you're feeling intimidated, why don't you print out another page of Betty, and colour her with your Copics this time? (I was checking out your set & it looks like you've got a bunch of the same colours in it as you used on the PrismaColour Betties...) I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison!

Congrats on your new goodies!!

Danielle said...

We have a copic queen in the making!! Don't feel intimidated - just start playing with them and enjoy! There are some awesome copic colouring tutorials on youtube too Sheena! And lucky you - a free Tilda stamp to boot! HAVE FUN!!! Call/message me if you need help with anything ...
Hugs, Danielle

Isabelle said...

awesome! you'll love them! don't be afraid just stamp some images and start coloring; for fun. don't worry about not getting it right, i found that when i first got my copics the more i experimented with them the more confidence i got. so come on girl; start coloring!!! oh and btw, there's nothing wrong with coloring on your lunch hour, i used to do it all the time!