The Stamps I Use

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My first Copic Magnolia

Hi folks,

hope you are having a lovely day - I'm taking my usual couple of days off when I'm not on call and I am playing in my craft room.

I made this card this morning with one of the Tilda's I coloured up last night to practice with my new Copic markers. Thank you Diana for including her in my order from Magnolia-licious!



I used the March Magnolia-licious DT Sketch for the layout - I moved the little sentiment panel ever so slightly so that it fit my card a little better - there was just too much white space next to sweet Tilda.

The lattice strip you see is cut with my Cuttlebug Floral 2x6 inch die and was adhered by first running it through my Xyron sticker maker. I love that tool - it works great for adhering finicky die cuts like this one. So, since I used a die cut on this card, I will be submitting this card for the Magnolia Stamp Lovers challenge #6 to use die cuts on your Magnolia card!

Papers:
  • CTMH Emporium Collection
  • CTMH Colonial White and Indian Corn Blue
Inks:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black 
  • CTMH Indian Corn Blue
  • Copic E00, E11, E13, E25, E39, YG63, YG67, BG10, C1
  • Prismacolor Pencil 935
Stamps:
  • Magnolia: Tilda playing Violin
  • CTMH: April Word Puzzle (musical notes)
  • Studio G Series 6 (just a note)
I may or may not be back later today with another card - I have my three other Tilda's I coloured just sitting on my desk waiting to be made into cards but I also have the baby quilt for Ava sitting on my other table in the sewing machine waiting to be finished!

I'll be sending this card off to my Mom's youngest sister today. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently awaiting surgery. I wanted to let her know that I was thinking of her. She's a big part of the reason of why, on the first weekend in May, I'm going to be attending a "Crop for the Cure" being held here in Kanata. It's on May 1st and if you would like the details, drop me a line and I will send you the information.

24 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow Sheena - way to go girl, this card is awesome! You've done a fantastic job colouring with your copics and that sweet Tilda is sooo cute! Love the papers, layout and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Enjoy your days off!
Hugs, Danielle

Pam S. said...

very nice... love that she's playing a musical instrument! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

Maureen said...

Aw, love it! And yes, the Xyron is perfect for that lattice die cut. I haven't seen that for the Cuttlebug... what a great idea! Lovely card, perfect sentiment!

akuperstein said...

I love your card,so beautiful,The music notes add so much. Thanks for sharing her.
Andrea

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome, awesome job Sheena! I love how you colored with sweet new Tilda with real feathered wings! You did a super job on the sketch too, and the added musical notes are precious. Fabby job...hugs...Barb

Lynn's Magnolia Haven said...

She looks very sweet
You did a great JOB
Keep up the good work

Summerthyme Studio said...

Colouring is very nice, esp for your first Copic adventure!

Nice work!
Will keep your Aunt in my thoughts and prayers

Vicki

Sumtoy said...

This is wonderful and for you first copic...OMG you rock...I threw my first one in the trash. I was so unhappy with it. You go

Cheryl said...

Great Job! Love her richly colored green dress. the musical notes are perfect and you've used a terrific layout!

magicalmagpie said...

What a lucky girl you are to get the Violin Girl! You have done a great job. TFS Gail

Anary said...

Great job on your first copic work!
Thanks for entering this cutie at Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge!
xo
Anary

Gina L said...

Great design and I love the colors! Best of luck to your aunt. I hope the surgery goes well and that they can get all of that nasty cancer away from her! Gina L

Cami said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is wonderful for your first time. Love the layout and details you put on your card. Hugs, Cami

raindropecho said...

This is so lovely! What a great card, I can't wait to get her in the mail :)
- Ann

Diana Crick said...

Beautiful Sheena! Your card is awesome, lovely colouring. The secret with Copics is practice, practice and more practice.
hugs, Diana

Stephanie said...

Great job and this Tilda is lovely isn't she? Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers! Hugs, Stephanie

cabio's craft corner said...

Wonderful work and elegant coloring on Tilda. Great Copics used for the this card. Welcome to the Copic and Magnolia addiction, lol :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Pen to Paper said...

So cute! I never thought of doing a series on the Violin Tildas. Usually I'll color a bunch of my Tildas but I'll use them on cards sporadically. I love the way all of these cards look!

Great job! Can't wait to see more

XOXO

Jackie

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful layout and coloring.
Hugs, Christine

Handmade by Vivi said...

what an adorable card!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers !!!
xxx
Vivi

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

what a cute card. that Tilda is adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Magnolia stamp lovers.

loveofpets said...

So beautiful! What a wonderful inspiration you are and your samples are beautiful!

Robin said...

Lovely card!! The colors are just perfect. Great job on your Tilda!!

Cindy said...

This is such a sweet card. Thanks for joining the MSL Challenge, please come back often. Cindy2