The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playing with my copics

Hi folks....well, I played with my Copics today. I won't be sharing my lunch time tests as they did not turn out so well. I had grabbed some images that I had stamped on paper that was apparently NOT copic friendly - ick. Bleeding ink!

But I will share what I took an hour to colour tonight.


This Tilda was included as a freebie with my Copics from Magnolia-licious. I stamped her on two different types of paper to see what would happen - my trusty Staples 110 lb cardstock (the blue and the green) and Prism Simply Smooth (the purple and the pink).

I think the two lighter ones - the pink and the blue - look better for her gown. The purple and the green - in real life I think they look okay - almost velvety - but I struggled with the blending on the purple one. I think the darker colours will be a challenge for me!

I plan to make these into four cards tomorrow - probably with a "Just a note" sentiment unless I can find something "musical" in my selection of sentiments. If anyone has any suggestions for sentiments - let me know. I would also appreciate any critiques of the colouring - skin, hair, dresses, violin.....

A funny little story for you: when I was little, I remember having a green velvet dress that looked an AWFUL lot like the one Tilda is wearing -- only shorter - knee-length. So...I apparently coloured Tilda to look like me when I was little!

No comments: