The Stamps I Use

Monday, April 19, 2010

Anniversary Wishes

Hello everybody,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

A dear friend and her husband celebrated their 16th wedding anniversary on Friday. I used Card Patterns Sketch 60 for the layout for this card which I made for them to commemorate the happy day.






The papers are all from my stash (from my big cabinet actually that dearly beloved made for me). I used my Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder to create a decorative panel on the darker cardstock, stitched a border around the embossing and then used CTMH Desert Sand Ink to stamp a small background in each side panel with one of the smaller stamps from Verve's Wishful Elegance set.


I added a Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts Pendant to the centre of the card and layered two of the smaller Labels Three dies for the sentiment  (also from Verve's Wishful elegance).


I also attached a wedding bell charm from my stash with some CTMH Bamboo waxy flax to complete the card.


I will be entering this card into this week's challenge at Paper Sundaes to make a card with no people on it! This is actually my favourite style of card - no colouring, just pretty papers, a simple sentiment, some embossing and a fancy die cut for a little oomph. I haven't made one of these in a long time ... maybe it's time to start putting all those Spellbinders of mine to good use! This type of card definitely comes together a lot faster than some of my other recent projects!


Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget, Team International Ink is still hoping for more votes before midnight Tuesday. All the details are here!

12 comments:

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Beautiful card.

RiNNE said...

What a beautiful card-- I need to make more of this kind too!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

oh I love that Spellbinders die you used! Beautiful card!

Tanya Rudd said...

I love the colors and the cute charm. A really nice card Sheena.
Hugs
Tanya

debbies said...

Love the Nestabilities die you used!

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Crystal said...

This is such a fabulous card! I love the cuttlebug background & will definitely pick it up the next time I'm shopping. It looks so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Oh this is just absolutely gorgeous! That renaissance pendant is beautiful & added such a great elegance to the card. I'm sure your friend will love it!

whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the shades of brown you used. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

wow this is gorgeous! Love the whole thing..just elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

dstandard said...

What an elegant card! Love it! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

HappyCrafter said...

Such a classy card! I really like all the different textures you acheived and the subtle tones. So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes.