The Stamps I Use

Friday, April 2, 2010

A card fit for a Princess

Princess Amelia that is -- soooooo.....if you are Amelia's Mom and you don't want to know what the card is before she opens it.....TURN AWAY NOW!!!!  Really.....I mean it......I don't think the pictures do it justice.


Okay.....everybody except Chrissy still here? Tee hee hee....I could not wait to share this card. I am SOOOO pleased with myself (there I go, being immodest again). And really, I could have saved this post until late Saturday afternoon, after the Princesses and Princes party, I did post a Fella card earlier today after all.


I was totally bummed this morning when I realized "Oh....Amelia's birthday is all about princesses! And I don't have Princess Anya! (she's on the way though with my April release order from TGF). What am I going to do?" I thought of hitting up some of my local TGF fans to see if they might have the stamp already. Then I was thinking of a few of my favourite digi sites who have just released a bunch of princess images and was going to go for one of those when I remembered my StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory FairyTale set! Woo hoo! Of course, I got distracted and TRIED to do my inventory page of StarvingArtistamps. I had it FINISHED, all the entries LINKED...and then blogger CHOKED when I tried to save the page. LOST EVERYTHING!

Anyways, got back to making the card. I Knew I HAD to do a sidestep card with a little fairytale scene so  THEN I  had to find a tutorial. SCS does have a link to a fabulous one by the way. The actual tutorial is here and the SCS blurb about it can be found here in the TLC257 challenge.

Now that I have written enough that Chrissy didn't accidentally see the card.....here it is....Please forgive the photography. I find the dimensional cards hard to photograph.


A semi "from above from the front" picture so you can see the side-step scene.




I think it came out quite nice (there I go, no modesty today!). The small bits of DP are CTMH Daydream - a perfect pack of paper for princess projects (ba ha ha .... it's alliteration day!). Oh and the sentiment is from Pink Cat Studio (the Fairy Friends set).

Another picture to show you from the side....



This isn't a big card.....the card base is a 5.5 x 8.5 sheet of CTMH Sweet Leaf. The neat folds just make it look a lot bigger. Pretty cool, huh? I got a LOT of practice with my Copics. And realized I need more shades of green, pink and lilac. I might have to pay a visit to Wallack's again tomorrow (sketch markers for $5.99, their selection isn't huge but I might find a few more).

Let's see some detail shots.....


The Frog Prince Mortimer, popped up on dimensionals, even has itty-bitty gems on his crown (tip - these are from the "extra" gem alphas I had a couple of years ago for a project from my niece. I just cut them off the letters I am least likely to use on future projects. They are so tiny and are a real pain to attach - thank goodness they are self-adhesive!)

The star of the card - I tried to colour her to look like the birthday girl.




Princess Winifred. She has some bling as well....two more of those teeny tiny gems are sparkling up her dress. Since I did add some "diamonds" to this card,  I am going to submit it for the "Diamond for April" challenge over at Daring Cardmakers.

Oh, and one more shot to show you why this card took me some time to make.




The castle consists of the three layers, each of which was fully-coloured before I chose which would be each layer. Again, the pictures really don't do the card justice.

Anyways, that is my second card post for today. If you would like to see the Grillafella card I made this morning (with one of the stamps Chrissy gave me for my birthday!), just scroll down!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Pardon the outburst, but this is awesome!!! Great job!! I'm sure Amelia will love it!!

Tanya Rudd said...

Oh WOW! This is just amazing! Your best yet! What will you come up with next my dear! Wow again, this is just too amazing.
Hugs
Tanya

Lythan said...

What a work of art! I love the way you have used the stamps - you must send the link to Starvin Artists too. Thanks for being a real diamond with DCM this week :)

Tracey B. said...

Wow! What a fabulous card!! I absolutely love every perfect, well designed detail of it! I am sure Ameilia will love it! Thank you for sharing!
Tracey B.
www.starvingartistamps.com

DoodleFactory said...

Fabulous stair step card - love the colors..and your quilt project is just phenomenal! I wish I could see it in person. Ava is lucky to have such a talented godmother!

Janice said...

So Sweet.

PetraB said...

this is a great card, I love the way you designed it, petra.x