The Stamps I Use

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Geared up with Jam Tinheart

Hi folks!

Well, I said to heck with it and crafted AROUND the mess that is in my craft room tonight. Yep, I literally just pushed everything onto the adjoining table and pulled out my Tinhearts from PaperWorksCo to play along with this week's sketch at PaperWorksCo. I had not made a card since Sunday morning and was going into serious withdrawal and needed to make a FUN card!!! Tidying the craft room can wait until Friday night!!

This is what I came up with....





Even dearly beloved thought it was pretty cute when I showed it to him. He said "Wow! Is that a STAMP?"


Jam is actually layered, I coloured three of him and then chopped up two to get the pieces for the layers. His body, head and pincer hands are popped up on dimensionals on the one base image that was left whole.


To add some interest to the image panel, I decided to go with a finely detailed designer paper instead of a plain card stock (all the papers are from the same CTMH paper pack by the way, I think it is called Starstruck?) and layered some of the gears from my new Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix die -- the one that I almost RAN to Heather's Stamping Haven to get when I saw she had them in stock.


You still have time to play along with the sketch challenge - and one person who plays along wins the April PaperCard Kit - which goes very nicely with the Tinhearts by the way. I'm already planning on ordering the kit ANYWAY - I'm just patiently waiting until I place my order for the NEW RELEASE coming later this month!!


I'll be entering this card in this week's challenge over at Practical scrappers - to use markers! As my loyal readers know, I am a very recent convert to Copic Markers so I tried using them on Jam. Using Tanya's tip about laying on the colour from a single marker to get some very subtle shading. Probably too subtle to show up in the picture but in real life you can see the differences on the edges where the colour is a little darker.


I'm also submitting this card to A Spoon Full of Sugar's Challenge 98 - one for the boys! I think these robot stamps are perfect for boy cards - in fact this one is destined for my former neighbour's son - I coloured the image to kind of look like his working Wall-E robot.

Hope you all have been having a lovely week. I am so looking forward to this weekend! This is my third post for today so please feel free to scroll down to read the previous two -- no cards but some information that might be of interest!

7 comments:

paperworksco said...

LOVES IT!

Sparkle said...

This is cute!

crafty-kristy said...

that is a super sweet card. great job sheena as usual!! looooovvvee it!!

Tanya Rudd said...

This one ROCKS! Love it, I am just so tempted to get the stamps and the Tim Holz die. Ugg, so tempting.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

Wow, your card is totally awesome!! Love the sketch and that stamp is adorable!! MUST get it!! I also love your coloring and inking!

lilscrappers said...

Love that stamp! Had to peek at you, fellow canuck and copic junkie, lol....I am having fun browsing your blog!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Oh How awesome! I love it! Congrats on winning at P.S.! I love him, too cute!