The Stamps I Use

Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Day to Vote - TGF Royal Battle Final Round

Hi Everybody......

if you are here for the PaperWorksCo Blog hop - you can find the post here or you can scroll down to my Friday post (after you go vote for my project at the TGF Royal Battle that is!)

so are you curious about what I created for the final round of the TGF Royal Battle? Here it is.






The final challenge was to create a "his and hers" project. Now, while most of the remaining teams went with totally coordinated projects (I've seen them on their personal blogs in case you are wondering) I strayed from that idea in terms of the papers, sort of (I used different hues of the same colours), but kept the premise in terms of the projects I made.


For the "his" I made a trading card keepsake box in the vibrant greens and blues of the CTMH Stardust papers - featuring Batter Ian on the playing field lid with a Catcher Anya ATC for the keepsake.


For the "hers" I made a keepsake/jewelry box in the muted greens, blues and purples of the Basic Grey Euphoria papers - featuring Ballerina Anya in her dance studio with her Prince Ian waiting patiently to join her in his role in the ballet performance.


So same concept - different hues of the colours. I'm not sure how well received the "differences" will be for voting purposes and the competition is pretty stiff.


Anyways here are the details on how to vote in this round (you don't need to go to the galleria and comment with a registered login): Note that at the time I am writing this that the post on the TGF blog is not yet up so...once it goes up I will post again:

: go to the The Greeting Farm Blog right here
: if you like my project for Team International Ink, then choose us in the poll which has been posted
: there is only one day to vote

Now, just in case you would like to see some additional photos of the projects, here are my vanity shots as I call them.

His:



On the Ian box I was kind of inspired by the fabulous girls on the team: Stephanie, Tanya, Corinne and Sunghee. They are all full of  "Team Spirit" with their encouraging words and suggestions - "Go Team!"


Hers:


Now, I could have done a Catcher Anya box to match the Batter Ian but....well, all I could think of was "have you EVER tried to give siblings presents that looked a lot alike?" One of them invariably hates it because it looks like the other's - so I wanted my boxes to be similar but different enough to be distinctly his and hers.


The Catcher Anya ATC:



Batter Ian (please say you noticed the grass...I had to make a template with my MS grass punch and HAND-CUT these with teeny tiny scissors!):



A shot of the front corner of the trading card box:




The front corner of the ballerina box (the brads I used for drawer pulls were made with my i-top)



Ballerina Anya (notice her jewelled tiara -- five itty bitty crystals carefully placed) :



Her dance partner, Prince Ian (sorry for the glare on him....oh well, Anya is the star in the ballet right?) :



Since I am not sure if anyone noticed the reflection in the mirror, I wanted to point out that both Anya and Ian are actually double-sided.

Here's a pic of Ian from behind (I plan to fix my goof so I am not going to tell you what it is - okay it's his shirt tail)




And Ballerina Anya (yes, I had to move the mirror to get this picture):


Don't you think it would be neat if TGF offered the back-sides of their images? Mind you, it wasn't hard to alter these two to get a view from behind ... but still.

So....if you think my project deserves your vote, follow the instructions that I provided above.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

WOWZERS Sheena!!!! You have been one busy bee - these two projects are fantastic - your creativity has totally shot to a new level with these! I LOVE THEM and off to vote for you NOW!! :) Good luck!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

THANK YOU SHEENA! I have looked at all the other entries, and have to say you put more work into this and it shows. You created each piece by scratch and I appreciate all the hard work. These turned out beautifully.
Hugs
Tanya

cabio's craft corner said...

So cute and creative. Love the way you do their back too, very clever!!
Hugs,
Cabio

RiNNE said...

Sheena, you are a rockstar!!! I've wanted to see what their backs looked like! And I'm soo glad you took detailed shots and posted them here -- they are even more wonderful! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Kathy said...

wow wow wow this is an amazing project/project!!!!!!! super fantastic idea and so well executed...great coloring too!! best of luck in the challenge :)

Steph Zerbe said...

Just awesome!!!
So inventive and clever! Love the mirror and the extra effort you put in. Not to mention all the images are perfectly colored! Great work!

Jenny said...

AMAZING!! Your entry is without a doubt the best one there :) I sure hope you win!!

♥Rach♥ said...

This project was just over the top wonderful and totally worth all the time you put into it, fantastic job!!!