The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Playing along with PWCO Sunday Sketch 28



Hi folks,

I managed to return to the craft room tonight so now I'm sharing my take on Sunday Sketch 28 at PaperWorksCo. And yes, those are Basic Grey Euphoria papers! I told you there would be more cards using that collection!

As usual, I couldn't leave the sketch alone and had to flip it around a little. I just thought that cute little Harriet the Hippo from the Safari Friends Collection from PaperWorksCo just looked better in the lower right corner of the card. I think Harriet has always been my favourite stamp from PWCO, she has such a happy smile. Although ... with the new release around the corner I bet there's going to be some stiff new competition!

I pulled out my Copic Markers again to give myself some more practice with my colouring (sadly, I did not get into the certification class here in Ottawa in May and the June class in Toronto is on a weekend when I already know I will have pager duty due to my coworker's vacation plans ... big pouts.... ).

I also dug into my stash of Robin's Egg Dew Drops to add a little something extra to the image panel (cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Petite Circles) and the DP.

Not sure to whom this card will be gifted, but I do have the perfectly matched sentiment if I want it to be a birthday card "Hippo-Bird day to you" is one of the sentiments that coordinates with the Safari Friends Collection so....

I'll be submitting this card to this week's Critter Challenge at Totally Stampalicious. I was fortunate enough to win two sets of stamps from them recently (Farmer Hawg and a big set of sentiments) and have a couple of fun cards in mind to make with them as soon as I get a chance. You should know that they are launching four new sets of stamps on April 22nd from Bugaboo stamps and there will be a blog hop to boot!


Hope you had a lovely day!

9 comments:

Sparkle said...

This is so cute!

ultraroyale said...

Don't worry about the certification class. You coloring is excellent with out it. Love the coloring on this card and the coordination of the papers. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

paperworksco said...

you know.. i do know i certain person having a birthday at the end of the month... you could use it for her... i mean it's her 3-0 afterall LOL

jk...hahaha

Tanya Rudd said...

That is one cute hippo Sheena, love how you popped up the head!
Hugs
Tanya

Cher said...

very nice

RiNNE said...

Very cute, Sheena! That Hippo is so awesome, and I love all the jewels! Good for you for using up your stash of patterned paper!

Joycelyn Turner said...

Oooh!!! Now how sweet is this?!!! The dew drops are just the perfect touch!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks for the Stampalicious 'shout out' too, BTW...can't wait to see what you create with your Farmer Hawg!!!

Rebeccah Kuhne said...

This is fantastically cute! Thanks so much for playing along at Totally Stampalicious!

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Awwwwhhhh!! This is adorable!!