The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PWCOSS#30 - Birthday Cupcakes

Hi Everybody!

Well, I have it on good authority that Peggy has received her birthday card so I can share the card I made for her for her birthday (it's tomorrow - April 29th by the way!)





This is a joy fold card and the tutorial I used came from SCS - one caveat - I cut the dp that gets used on the inside and outside of the folding smaller centre cardstock 1/4 inch shorter (3 3/4 inches instead of 4 inches). Either that or you could make the 3x8 piece of cardstock 3 x 8 1/2.


And here is a picture of it somewhat open:




I find joy fold cards are great for gift card holders - that centre panel fits a gift card very nicely. I surprised Peggy with a little card from Starbucks so she can treat herself to a nice big luxury coffee and giant cookie for her birthday....and maybe Mike too!


I used CTMH Bella papers on this card and the stamped stack of cupcakes is from the CTMH February 2010 Stamp of the Month set (at least I think it was February). I'll have to check and correct this post if I am wrong. I coloured the image with my CTMH markers - I rarely use them these days which is a shame as I have all of them.


Notice that big button? That's also CTMH and I have to say that buttons probably make one of the best closures on this style of card. Just attach it with a few glue dots and it will sit high enough to slip the front of the centre panel in under securely.


Since the challenge over at Practical Scrappers this week is to use buttons on your project, I'll be submitting this card to that challenge....as well as to PaperWorksCo's own challenge to use a cupcake on your card.


Hope you all have a crafty day. I'm at home today hoping to catch some sleep after several nights of NOT sleeping. I'm hoping that trying to sleep during the DAY will work out better for me.

night night!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Very pretty!! I still need to make Peggy a card... well 2 actually. One for the b-day, and one as a HUGE thank you for the donation for the crop! She's the bestest!!

Tanya Rudd said...

I love the colors Sheena, and the joy fold is wonderful.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

So cool to have a gift card flip in that little flap. I need to try this! Thanks for the inspiration and hope you get some sleep!

Lisa said...

What a unique card, LOVE how you folded it, thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

magicwanda said...

What a great card...
Love the joy fold and that paper...
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week.
Wanda :-D

Corinna said...

Wow, whenever I see these kinds of cards I think no way could I do that! Too complicated. LOL Love the design and the papers you used.

Corinna
Practical Scrappers DT