The Stamps I Use

Thursday, April 8, 2010

What are you doing on National Scrapbooking Day?



That's where I will be! I will be card-making this year - not scrapbooking like last year. If you are interested in attending, just get in touch with any of the contacts listed in the flyer above! It is for a good cause - and trust me, the goodie bag we got was awesome! The door prizes were fabulous!

We were fed ALL day and the silent auction had some incredible items. I personally picked up a pretty set of SU! stamps and papers AND a gorgeous handmade jewelry set - in pretty pink to show my support for Breast Cancer research.

Oh...and the little workshops throughout the day (for a small fee) were great. I may have some of the projects upstairs in my craft room that I could show you (I could  not give them away, what can I say).

Anyways, if you are local and have some time on that day, you should register. You don't HAVE to stay all day but you probably will, the time just flies by! You will no doubt meet lots of new people and make new friends! I certainly did (waving a big HI!!!! to Tanya!!!!)


I have promised for months to make my sister a set of TGF cards so I am setting aside Crop for the Cure day to work on them. I will hopefully find some time in the next three weeks to get everything together so that on the day of the crop I will just have to put everything together - maybe do some finishing touches on colouring the images. I expect I will keep them simple - use my CTMH Wishes card layout book and all CTMH papers/embellies so I can limit the amount of STUFF I have to take with me. No lugging the cuttlebug and all my spellbinders with me this year! Just tape and LOTS OF IT! Hmmm....mental note, must pick up lots of tape and foamies!

I'm REALLY hoping that on May 2nd I will be at the Copic Certification class here in Ottawa....please please please! I think this weekend is the three weeks before when they open it up to the riff raff like me so I'm crossing my fingers that all the spots have not yet been taken up by store owners/affiliates and DT members.

Note this is my second post for today, feel free to scroll down to see the other one....and no, it wasn't a card....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sounds like a fun day Sheena - don't think I could pull off the Saturday and an all-day copic day on Sunday too!! ;)
Keepings my fingers crossed for you that you get a spot on the copic day!!
Hugs, Danielle