The Stamps I Use

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bigfoot meets the May PaperCard Kit

...

Hi folks, if you are stopping by for my PaperWorksCo Friends and Family Blog hop post, you can find it a few posts down, here. If you haven't checked it out, I encourage you to do so as there are prizes to be won on the hop!



Well I finally had a chance to make a card with the May PaperCard Kit  from PaperWorksCo featuring Cosmo Cricket's Joy Ride Collection.




If you haven't snapped it up yet, you have until May 31st to do so - and then the June kit will be available.

I FINALLY had a reason to make a card - a co-worker has a birthday on Monday so I just had to use these papers - specifically the one with all the numbers and the big splashy circles. Oh and the yumm-o Prism Prismatic papers. The brads are also from the kit - the buttons are from my stash.





The stamped image is Elbo from the Doodlefactory Creatures II Collection from StarvingArtistamps and is coloured with Copic Markers (E31, E35, RV11, W1, W3 and W5). The sentiment is computer generated.


I had to use Elbo because we jokingly call my co-worker Bigfoot...he even does it himself - he is after all 6'4" tall. One of his pet sayings is "Bigfoot hungry!" right before he checks out your desk for any snacks you might have....or as he stops at the grocery store on our morning break (my office tower is attached to a shopping mall). And since my coworker is rather grey and is known for walking around barefoot....well, Elbo seemed like a natural for his card.


I used Spellbinders Classic Rectangles and Petite Circles for the image and sentiment panels (as well as the patterned paper panel).

The layout is from this week's sketch at the Sweet Stop, one of my favourite sketch sites for inspiration.

Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

9 comments:

RiNNE said...

What a fun card! I love all the colors and papers!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Very cute!!!! I love the paper and the colors and Elbo is adorable

dstandard said...

What a fun card! Great colors!

CreaRenata said...

Haha, what a funny card! Cute image! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Kathy said...

Cute card! Love the colors and that sentiment works perfectly with this image!
Thanks so much for playing along at the Sweet Stop!
:)Kathy

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

This is just gorgeous Sheena! I love the colors and layers esp how you colored your cute image!

Korin said...

So cute!! You rocked this sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Tracey said...

This is sooo cool, love those papers & the buttons finish the card off perfectly :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

sunghee said...

I love it I love I love it! Heeheehee. Love the red accents.