The Stamps I Use

Monday, May 10, 2010

CASEing Sparkle

...

Hi Everybody,

I didn't think I would be back so soon with another card but I was reminded today while reading one of my favourite blogs, Sparkle Creations, that the "CASEing Critters" challenge was ending tonight over at The Greeting Farm. Since I needed a Get Well card, it was the perfect chance to ink up one of my new Critter Crew stamps!


Since I follow/stalk Sparkle's blog daily, I thought I would try my hand at CASEing her card for this Critter Crew Challenge. If I am not mistaken, the Critter Crew team member who gets the most CASEs of her card wins a little something from TGF. So, I hope Sparkle comes out on top!




I used one of my new Get Well Critter Crew images and sentiments on my version of Sparkle's card. I coloured it with PrismaColor Pencils and mounted it on a Spellbinders die (Labels Three maybe?). And, of course, in honour of Sparkle, I had to use Basic Grey papers - Bittersweet to be exact.

Now, I did not do any stitching on my card as Sparkle did with hers. Instead, I distressed the edges of my papers with Memento Rich Cocoa. I know....I quilt.... so why don't I sew on my cards? One day I will show you.....it isn't pretty.

This card will not be hoarded like so many of my recent cards. It is actually going in the post tomorrow to my Mom's younger sister who is now recovering from a second surgery for recently discovered stage three breast cancer. My Mom has been visiting and caring for her while she recuperates from her surgery and prepares to commence both radiation and chemo therapy.

I wish my dear Aunt only the best as this is the first instance of breast cancer in our family. I hope this little card brings a smile to her face when she receives it.

On a side note, I believe someone who enters this contest is eligible to be a Guest DT for the Critter Crew for the next couple of  months. I don't expect to have the winning entry - all of the cards in the gallery are pretty awesome. And, to be truthful, I really don't have the time to make such a commitment. I still have baby quilts looking at my guiltily -- or is that quiltily from the table in my craft room.

I may actually be back again soon....I need to make another get well card for another "almost" family member...but of the masculine persuasion. That might be hard.

ta ta for now!

6 comments:

RiNNE said...

I think you deserve to be the Guest Critter DT, Sheena. This card is sooooo wonderful! Love the papers (you've cased Sparkle to perfection!) and the distressed edges. I hope your aunt gets better soon! *hugs*

Tanya Rudd said...

This is sure to bring a smile to your Aunts heart Sheena. This is a wonderful card, I love the colors you chose.
Hugs
Tanya

Danderella said...

Great CASE! I just love those little critter images, but never have bought any...you're tempting me! LOL!

Sparkle said...

This is just darling! Thanks for CASEing me!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This card is fabulous! Love the wrapped twine. I hope all comes out well with your Aunt. I shall say a prayer for her today.

Jaspere said...

This is adorable.