The Stamps I Use

Monday, May 3, 2010

For Mom

.....

Hi folks,

back today with a  card I made during the Crop for The Cure for my Mom for Mother's day - making this a perfect card for this week's Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - A Celebration for Mom's.





The flower image is from the Stamp Barn (CHSH 363 M) and I picked it up at Heather's Stamping Haven.
I coloured it with my Copics (YG63, YG67, G12, Y11, R20, RV32 and RV34). Actually, I coloured two of these images and then cut out pieces of the second image to layer on the first with foamies, giving a multi-dimensional look to the flower. I am not sure if that comes across very well in the photo.


The sentiment is from Verve's "Because of You" set and is stamped on a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten die cut.


The papers are, yes, yet again, those Basic Grey Euphoria papers I picked up from PaperWorksCo.


The layout is from the Cheers and Challenges Eclectic Ensemble CCEE1017 sketch, but I flipped it to accommodate my sentiment (it just wasn't working upright).


Since this week's challenge at Totally Stampalicious is all about flowers and flowers are also the theme for this week's Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge - I think I might just have to submit this card as my entry.


Hope you are all having a lovely beginning to your week. See you again soon!

16 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

The colors are wonderful and love how you pierced the flower image!

RiNNE said...

I can see the dimensions -- so beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is one of my favorites.LOVE those flowers.
Hugs
Tanya

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so pretty and elegant! Lucky you- I just had Copic certification with Sally Lynn...I would love to take more classes!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very pretty!

Paula said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flowers coming off of the frame! Great take on this weeks "Lady" Challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Joycelyn Turner said...

WOW!!! I mean WOW!!!!!!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!

Gemma said...

Wow, beautiful card! Love the way you did the layers and the image is just gorgeous! Real suitable "mom"card. Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, Gemma

Helene said...

Lovely card. Thanks for entering the Alota Rubber Stamps challenge

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Beautiful!!! Awesome layout!!!

Andrea said...

This is very pretty and so classy

SweetnCrafty Gal said...

Beautiful card hun, love the flowers!! and you made it 'mom too!! thanks for joining us at SSC This week good luck! hugs carlyann xxx

Marianne-db said...

Oh, this is so beautiful!!
A beautiful card for mum!
Thanks for joining SSC this week!

Kelly Bee said...

Love this! Great colours for an elegant Mother's Day card. Love the clean layout too!