The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Offbeat Grillafella Birthday

.....

Hi Everybody! How about a break from Mother's day cards?


Well, I gingerly made my way into my disaster area of a craft room tonight and managed to whip up this card for a friend of my dearly beloved. His birthday was almost two weeks ago and they have not yet got together for a session of D&D so I have had a bit of leeway with getting this card assembled!

So, here is the card I came up with to celebrate his birthday - albeit a bit late. Lucky for me this month's challenge theme at SRM is to celebrate life so, this card will be entered for that challenge since it celebrates my dearly beloved's childhood friend's birthday.





I used another of the Stamping Bella GrillaFella images I had coloured up a few weeks ago (I still have one left and with Father's Day coming - you can bet SOMEONE is going to get a card featuring this fella). The sentiment is my one of my favourite Happy Birthday stamps from CTMH - yes, you have seen it before!

The image panels are die cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled Rectangles (Small and Large) and the sentiment panels are Petite Circles (Small and Large).

The DP is from Basic Grey's Offbeat Collection and the textured dark blue card stock is Prism Prismatics which I picked up from PaperWorksCo. Since this week's challenge over at Scrap-Creations is Anything Goes (as long as you use something from Basic Grey), I'll be submitting this card as my entry.

The layout is from this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Hope you are all having a lovely week!

11 comments:

RiNNE said...

Awesome coloring, Sheena~! I also liked how you inked up the edges with orange!

Scrapaddict said...

Love it!! Thanks for the reminder that I have this stamp!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Good masculine card! What a fun image!

Melissa Craig said...

This is really cool! I love it and I'm sure your friend will, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great masculine card, thanks for playing at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic masculine card, thanks so much for joining us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-creations

Peggy said...

This is so cute. It is so hard to make male cards. You nailed it! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Jessica G. said...

Perfect guy card, especially with the summer grilling season finally here! Thanks for participating in this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and hope to see you again next week!
Jessica, TMSC DT

Crystal said...

This is one fabulous creation, I just love this bella image, DARLING card!!! thanks so much for joining us at Going Grey this week!

Angela said...

What a great guy card; great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Kristen said...

Great card, and would be perfect for a dads day card. Thanks you for joining us in this weeks Going Grey with Scrap-creations challenge