The Stamps I Use

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Welcome Baby featuring Gordie the Giraffe

.....

Hi folks,

today I have a card for a new baby - dearly beloved's cousin had a baby boy this week so I made this card to go with the little something I picked up today for baby.




The image is Gordie the Giraffe from the Safari Friends collection by PaperWorksCo. He is coloured with PrismaColor Pencils and mounted on Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle die cuts. I have personally always felt that the characters in the Safari Friends (Gordie, Lucas, Harriet and their new friend Zoie) were perfect for baby cards.



The papers and flocked brads are from the March PaperCard kit from PaperWorksCo. The March kit is no longer available but you can still get the Animal Stackers Collection from My Mind's Eye here at PaperWorksCo.


The layout for this card is from this week's Sketch for You To Try.

As it happens, this week's challenge over at Quixotic Paperie was to create something for baby. So, I'll be entering this card for that challenge!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

PeggyLovesVintage said...

How sweet! I love giraffes and this one is just precious! The animal paper is just too cute! I'm sure momma will cherish this card for a long long time.

Sparkle said...

This is just adorable!

Tanya Rudd said...

How fantabulous. Love that giraffe. Jayme's first stuffed toy was a giraffe from me.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

I love this card....so adorable! That giraffe stamp is cute and the papers are perfect! I also love the composition...great job!