The Stamps I Use

Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Shower Invites - Phase 1 Completed

....

Hello faithful readers!

First, thanks for your suggestions for quick make cards - if I tire of doing the onesies, I may very well switch to your suggestions. They would also work very nicely for thank you cards - as I think my sis SHOULD send thank you cards to everyone who does come out for the baby shower.

Anyways - believe it or not - phase 1 of the "Sheena's Crazy Baby Shower Invitation Project" (or SCBSIP) is complete - after only about 3 or 4 hours of work.





The 12x12 coloured cardstock (yellow and pink) have been cut down to 8.5x11 and, along with regular white cardstock, printed with the shower details (for two invites - you can't see the printed side in the photo) and then cut in half to produce the bases for the invites (4.25x11). That stack of paper is about 3 inches thick -- 300 card bases.


Now for phase 2 - scoring them at the midpoint for the tent-fold.

ETA: To answer Peggy's question, I didn't score the paper before cutting 'cause I'm a goober! Doh! That would have been much smarter now wouldn't it? Since they have to be scored three times - once for the centre and then again on both ends for the foldie up bit. Triple Doh!

I PVRed "Bladerunner" earlier this week so I'm thinking that when Newton wakes me up for his pre-dawn feeding, I will probably get up, turn on the movie and score the card bases. Maybe THIS time I will actually see the movie from start to finish. For some reason, I always seem to fall asleep whenever I try to watch this movie.


Anyways, hope you all have a great weekend! I have a crafty play date with Tanya on Sunday and I'm planning on using that time to work on my Father's day cards and some kindergarten graduation cards for our nieces.

2 comments:

PaperWorks Co. said...

emmmm i hate to be the one asking...

why didnt you score the 8.5 paper first and then cut, then you would only need to score it 150 times...

Cristina said...

Wow, I cannot imagine myself doing so many cards! Kudos to you!