The Stamps I Use

Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day card Number Three

...

Hi there faithful readers!

Back today with the third of this year's Father's Day cards - this one is for my Dad.




Mr BBQafella is, of course, from Stamping Bella and I tried colouring him up with my Copic Markers. I think I did an okay job. The coolest thing about Copics has to be that you can use them to create perfectly matched embellishments - like the ribbon on the card. It WAS white until I coloured it to match my cardstock.

The papers are CTMH Stardust and the sentiment is also CTMH.

Oh, the image panel is cut with my Spellbinders Petite Ovals.

The layout is from this week's Create 4 Fun Challenge. I took a little liberty with the bow portion of the sketch - replacing it with buttons and a panel for the sentiment.

And since this week's challenge over at Totally Stampalicious is all about celebrating Dad's, I'll be submitting this card to that challenge!

Hope you have a lovely day!

7 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

This is fantastic. I think you did better the "okay" with the copics.
Hugs
Tanya

Danielle said...

Love this card Sheena - fab layout and such great papers to use with Grillafella!
Hugs, Danielle

Sparkle said...

Such a great card! I love the buttons.

Lynnor Goodwin said...

I've always loved this cute image and the card you have created with it is wonderful!!!

Joycelyn Turner said...

AWESOME Father's Day card...love the BBQafella and those buttons are perfect!!!!

RiNNE said...

what a wonderful card, Sheena! I'm sure your dad will love this!

RiNNE said...

Hey Sheena,

Did you see that LCOM picked your card as one of the week's captures?

http://letscaptureourmemories.blogspot.com/2010/06/winners-of-birthday-bash-card-challenge.html

Congrats! You deserve it!

-- Corinne