The Stamps I Use

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Father's Day card Number Two

...

Hi folks,

Well, here is another of the Father's Day cards I made this year. This one is for dearly beloved's Dad.






His Dad has a restored 1950s pickup like this, so I had to "pick-up" this stamp from Little Paper Shop (I think I actually got the stamp many many months ago). The Dad sentiment is from the CTMH June Word Puzzle set (now retired I believe).


The patterned papers are Jillibean Soup Old World Cabbage Stew that I won a few weeks back from their blog and have finally found some time to sit down to use them. I think these papers are just delightful - I love the colours! The "No.1" is from the co-ordinating sticker sheet that came with the papers, as is the green strip.


The cardstock is a mix of CTMH Cocoa and Prism Prismatics (from PaperWorksCo).


I used my Spellbinders Petite Ovals for the image and sentiment panels and my EK Success Border punch for the slotted edge strip.


Oh, and the layout is Card Patterns Sketch 68.

And since this week's challenge over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge is a tribute to all fathers, I'll be submitting this card!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend -- now to watch the season premiere of True Blood!!!

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a wonderful card.

Tanya Rudd said...

Oh I just love how you used the SU punch for the trim. Love the colors.
Hugs
Tanya

Danielle said...

Ooo, I like this! The papers feel very vintage and the pick-up truck image is perfect for a guy!
Hugs, Danielle

whoistracy said...

Fantastic! Love those patterns you mixed and that truck image. Great guy card.

RiNNE said...

That is a very cool card! Love the pick-up truck and the vintage-y PP! perfect!

dstandard said...

Great Dad's card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Carolyn said...

I'm sure he'll love this image if he already fixed up a truck like this. What a fantastic personal card you made. Love the Jillibean Soup papers. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn