The Stamps I Use

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The first kindergarten grad card

...

Hi folks!


Well, this is one of the cards I made shortly after arriving in Newfoundland. My sister's youngest graduated from Kindergarten the week before I went home so I brought home a little graduation gift for her (big girl earrings as she had her ears pierced recently) and I made this little card to go with it. I must say, she was quite excited to receive her little present.




I had very limited supplies with me but I did take a sheet of the digi Graduate Lily images from Pink Cat Studio with me to colour and my new CTMH Cherry-O papers. Lily was coloured with PrismaColor Pencils (I did not take my Copics with me as I have a much larger selection of colours with my pencils) to match the gown my niece was wearing in her official grad pic.

The layout is of my own design (no computer with me, no internet access at my parents' house).

So...that was another card I made in addition to those baby shower invites.


I'll be back again over the next few days with a few more cards. But for now, would you like to see something most of you probably don't see every day? Well, except on the latest news broadcast about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.





This is an ocean going oil drilling platform. These monsters are brought in from the Hibernia or White Rose drilling operations out on the Grand Banks for servicing in a neighbouring town. On the drive to my home town, we had to pass through the area so we stopped so I could take some photos.




This is a wider angle shot so you could get a perspective on just how big these beasts actually are in real life - in the bottom left hand quarter of the photo there is a minivan - you have to look really close to see it. THAT'S how big these things get.




This is a shot of the opening to the bay. The rigs are towed in through here and docked at the wharf.


And another, wider shot of the servicing area. The ship that is docked next to the platform is actually quite large as well.




And one last photo so you can get an idea of just how far away I was when I was taking these photos.


I was at a rest stop/overlook created specifically so folks could get off the highway to take photos. And boy was it FRAKKIN cold - the winds were high -- you can see the ripples on the water and the air temperature was pretty cold. I was very grateful that at the last minute I had tossed a jacket into my luggage.


thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a lovely evening!

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

So very cute! Lovely pics!

Tanya Rudd said...

Love the image! The photos are impressive, love the blue water.
Hugs
Tanya