The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Father's Day for my Brother

...

Hi folks,

Today I have the first of this year's Father's Day cards - this one is for my younger brother.




He really enjoys the outdoors so I had picked up this stamp of an ATV some time ago from Little Paper Shop. The sentiment was created using two sets from CTMH - Moments (Happy) and the June Word Puzzle (Father's Day).

Again, I used the CTMH "You Rock" papers and my Spellbinders Pinking Circles/Regular Circles to add a little interest to the image and sentiment panels.

I coloured the ATV with my PrismaColor Pencils to try to match his green ATV (he has a red one as well but the green goes well with these papers).


The layout is from this week's Sketch 106 from Sketch Saturday.

Since this week's challenge at Cards For Men is Father's Day, I'll be entering this card!

Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

ETA - this is a scheduled post so I don't know how my little Geek Girl Anya concept for TGF fared in the polls. But I would like to say thank you to anyone who took the time to vote for my little idea. Honestly, the entire gallery was full of EXCEPTIONALLY creative ideas and I don't know how they managed to narrow it down to just the five that were selected. It truly was an honour just to get into the final five -- I jumped out of my chair at work when I saw that she was in the running! Good thing I'm the early bird and there wasn't anyone else around! It made my own little geek girl heart very, very proud. After all, except for the piggy tails - she's pretty much me!

6 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

Love how this one turned out Sheena. I like how you used the orange brads too!
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

I think it's wonderful that you're using up your CMTH for all of these amazing cards! I'm sure your little brother will love it!

Alas, right now at 7:28 Pacific Standard time, Geeky Anya is only at 12%. :(

Donnas Den said...

Lovely card, Sheena. Thanks for joinig us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Nannieflash said...

Wow fabulous image, love your card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

issy said...

A super card, n a great image, Im sure will love it

Thanks for playing along with CFM this week and good luck in the challengeour Brother will love it.

Patricia St Martin said...

This is really cute. Wonderful job coloring you image. Love your layout.Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.