The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Looking for ideas for baby shower invites

....

Hello faithful readers!

okay if you aren't a faithful reader but happened upon my blog looking for my PaperWorksCo Friends and Family blog hop post, you can find it here. Be sure to click through and leave a comment as Peggy is giving away some lovely stamps collections to five random commenters on the blog hop posts.

and back to my faithful readers (I'm a big fan of Stephen King, can you tell?).....

I'm looking for suggestions. I offered to make baby shower invitations for my sister as she is expecting in September. The shower is in early July (scheduling issues prevent it from being later) and I offered to make them thinking that baby showers at home were like the baby showers I have attended. MAYBE 10, 20 or even (gasp!) 30 people. Boy was I wrong!

My sister said I might want to reconsider the offer as she was thinking there might be 100 to 125 people invited. Then she got back to me a little later to let me know that her boyfriend's Mom already had a list of 125 people...so the final list might be closer to 200. Well, I was in shock but...I'm up for the challenge. WELL!!! After talking to my Mom this weekend, the list is probably going to be closer to 300!!! Gah!!! I honestly would be hard pressed to think of 10 people I could invite to a party in my honour. 10!! And this shower is probably going to have over 200 invited (now realistically not EVERYbody will be able to attend ...but still).


Anyways, the dilemma. I would like to stick with something relatively simple and easy to make. I don't have to make ALL of the invitations the same. They can be different. So I am trying to come up with a few different ideas and would LOVE to have your suggestions -- if you have made something yourself that would be a quick card for me to CASE that would be great! Link it up in a comment (if you have it online on your blog or in a gallery) or send me an email via the link on the side.

Here is a mock-up of the first design that I plan to make -- not sure how many of these I will get done before my hand gives out from all the punching!




A little baby onesie that is actually pretty simple to make. I found a great tutorial  by Lauren Meader that makes these a breeze to whip up. This is just a mock-up though made from scrap cardstock just lying around. I have pretty CTMH pink, yellow and green (and probably white) cardstock to use for my base for these as well as some really nice DP from which to make the accent pieces. And I expect I will use an assortment of stamps for the central medallion. Oh, the mock-up is missing the eyelets that will be on the bottom foldy-over bit.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing your suggestions!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

What about a diaper card Sheena? It's just an idea that has popped into my head so I've never seen a template or anything, but it would be similar to a diaper fold. Let me see if I can find a link to something. Folding might be easier than punching!!!
Good luck - that's quite a challenge!
Hugs, Danielle

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Oh my goodness! That's a huge shower! The onesie is a cute idea. I had to do wedding invites for about 150 guests once but it was a casual wedding and we just did post card type invites and put them in nice envelopes. I designed and printed them all on the PC and did very little additional decoration but it still took forever. I think you'll be seeing onesies in your sleep. lol

chrissywitch said...

No ideas Sheena, but I would like to offer my services to you. I would be happy to help you punch/stamp/glue/whatever! Let me know if you need me.

RiNNE said...

You could make a card and photocopy it. I'm sure people wouldn't mind if it's a copy considering the number of people you have to invite. You could also make it into a fun shape and just cut 200 of them out! Good-luck! And my, what a big party!

Tanya Rudd said...

How gorgeous! I don't mind helping Sheena.

Hugs
Tanya

PaperWorks Co. said...

and what have you've gotten yourself into?

how about a one layer card with some embossing and scoring? it turns out pretty...

and you can save a lot of time cutting!

Stephanie J said...

Holy CRAZY, Batgirl!

I'd like to say, I'm a little jealous! There were 10 people that tried to throw a shower for Lily - except we didn't make it because I was having emergency surgery. (Yeah, really. Emergency surgery twice, almost exactly a year apart & both were baby-related. Scary.)

Now... ideas.... hmmm... What if you just do a plain white 4.25 x 5.5 base, with Zoie heat embossed on a white square, layered on a coloured square, placed in the top-ish centre of the card, and 'it's a shower/you're invited/whatever' stamped or printed (via pc or photocopier) below? I like Z, cause she really pulls of being not coloued at all very well, and if you emboss, it'll have that little extra oomph. As for squares, you could use whatever; just thought they'd be super easy & quick to punch!

Good luck - wish I was closer & could help out!

DoodleFactory said...

That is a HUGE undertaking, but a darling card. I hope you can enlist help in Phase 2, 3 and however many more till they're all done!

sunghee said...

Eeeek~~~~ 300!!! Is the baby getting married before s/he is born! =)
But, the card sure looks cute! If we lived closer, me and my son could help out with the punching as well...