The Stamps I Use

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Card for Amelia

....


so that means if you are Amelia's Mom you shouldn't peek....at least not until she gets this card. 'mkay?


...

Okay, so on Saturday we attended a birthday party for a cute little two year old, Heidi, - and there was lots of fun in the pool -- well, for those that swim (I don't even though I grew up on an island - long story, don't ask - I just don't swim).


I think the biggest excitement of the day came when Amelia, who is all of four years old and Heidi's older sister, swam all the way across the pool, from ladder to ladder, without any assistance - with no water wings, no flotation devices WHATSOEVER! She was so proud! She actually did it several times - at least half a dozen, maybe even ten! So, I thought I should make her a little card to celebrate as I think it is a pretty big deal - not to mention that she thoroughly enjoyed being tossed as high as possible into the air to come splashing down in the pool by her Dad and my dearly beloved.


Anyways, here is the card



and the details:

stamped image: Zoe the Swimmer from PaperWorksCo Zach and Zoe Sports Collection II
sentiment: The Greeting Farm Down By The Pond
patterned papers: Cosmo Cricket Snorkel which I picked up at PaperWorksCo
cardstock: CTMH Hydrangea, Colonial White
Copics: E00, E000, V17 (also used to colour the rick rack ribbon to match), BV11, Y13, YR04, G14, BG10, B23, E31, E35, E39
Spellbinders: Petite Ovals
Punch: Martha Stewart Double Ovals

Challenges for this card:
Layout: Sweet Stop Sketch 64
Distressing: Little Paper Shop (I distressed the edge of the papers with my scissors and sponged CTMH Bamboo ink on the sentiment panel)
Bold and Bright: Pollycraft Monday Challenge (I love the bright primary colours on the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel paper)

So there you go...that's what I did tonight! Hope you all had a wonderful evening!

13 comments:

Allison said...

Love everything about this one! Super cute image and that paper is perfect! Thanks for playing at LPS with us!

Sparkle said...

This is so cute!

Korin said...

This is fantastic!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Tanya Rudd said...

Now how adorable is this one! Look at her blow up dingy, just too cute.
Hugs
Tanya

dstandard said...

Adorable image and card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Stephanie said...

Aww that is awesome, I don't swim either... Love your card, one of my favorite PWCO images, thanks for playing at the Sweet Stop!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

What a cute card. I'm sure it will help her remember the first time she made her way across the pool. A major accomplishment and a very, very big deal!

Emma said...

An adorable card, love the papers.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x
PS I am giving away another £10 voucher on my blog, pop over and enter.

joey said...

Hiya

oh this is too cute! beauitful card, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

Joey.xxx

PaperWorks Co. said...

love the details babes! the paper works so well together!

Beth said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the cute little image and the funky papers! Thanks for joining in with this weeks Sweet Stop sketch!

Love Beth xx

joy said...

Cute card to go along with a great accomplishment. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Paper Shop.

cabio's craft corner said...

It is super cute and the fishy DP is fantastic for this image!
Hugs,
Cabio