The Stamps I Use

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Flipping for PWCO Sunday Sketch 42

...

Hi folks,


Well, today I attended a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower Party for a friend of mine. Yesterday I realized that the guests were asked to bring the bride and groom a favourite recipe to start then on their happy journey together.


Oops! I've known for weeks about the party but this little detail kind of slipped my mind. So, I asked dearly beloved which of my recipes I should bring. Since it was a Pampered Chef party, he suggested I bring my biscotti recipe since I actually use one of one my Pampered Chef Stoneware pans EXCLUSIVELY for making this biscotti. And, according to dearly beloved, it is the most "awesomest" biscotti ever. He pretty much refuses to share it with anyone - works for me. I'm not a HUGE fan once it has had the second baking. I like the endy bits only - and only after the first baking.


So, I couldn't just leave it on a plain old recipe card - I wanted to do something a little different from what everyone else would bring. And besides, my recipe won't fit on just one card. I printed it up and it actually took four. I wound up making this....




The front of the recipe uses this week's sketch from PaperWorksCo (I flipped it). The papers and stamped image are both from CTMH. Attached with the binder ring are two more pages.....with the four cards for the recipe.









The binder ring makes it easy to flip the pages for the recipes AND I figure that if they want to, the bride and groom can add more cookie recipes to this little "mini-book" that starts with my favourite biscotti recipe.

Other Challenges for this project:
- Create4Fun Challenge: Anything but a card


I hope you all had a lovely weekend - mine was far too short. I need at least two more days to catch up on everything I needed to do this weekend.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, how creative to use the sketch as the cover to your recipe book! It sure looks great, thanks for playing along :)

PaperWorks Co. said...

Aww S!

thats a great idea! i liked how you flipped the sketch around, a great spin on the sketch!

thanks for playing babes!

RiNNE said...

What a cool book! I'm sure everybody loved it!

Have you gotten the card I sent you, Sheena?

Karen Lynn said...

What an adorable project! I am sure the newlyweds will get a lot of use out of it!
Thanks for playing along with us at Paperworks Co! I hope to see you again next week.
-Karen Lynn, DT member for PWCO

cabio's craft corner said...

Such a cute and smart idea to use this sketch for your book cover Sheena. It's looks fabulous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio