The Stamps I Use

Thursday, July 8, 2010

For my Great Uncle

Hi folks,

Well, I found a little time tonight to sit down to make a card my Great Uncle - he has a birthday coming up and will be eighty-five. His wife, my Great Aunt, celebrates her birthday a few days later and, if I am not mistaken, she is going to be ninety! I saved one of my PWCO Friends and Family Blog hop birthday surprise cards for her happy occasion.



Anyways, on to my dear Uncle's card:




Yes! Can you believe it! I FINALLY found the time to play along with this week's sketch at PaperWorksCo. I knew this one would be great with these Jillibean Soup Old World Cabbage Stew papers - I wanted something that would be nice, masculine and yet simple for my Uncle. I think the stamped sentiments from Verve (Wishing You) finish it off very nicely. Oh - the cocoa cardstock and buttons are CTMH. I used Spellbinders Petite Circles (large and small) and Petite Ovals (large and small).

I'm hoping he likes the card - I have very fond memories of visits from my Great Uncle and Great Aunt - and of visiting them at their cottage during the summer when I was a kid.

Hope you are all having a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

This is fabulous, I am developing an appreciation for cards that have sentiments on them rather than images. Well done!
Hugs
Tanya

Karen Lynn said...

A wonderful man's card. The sketch and the papers and the sentiment all flow together very nicely.
Thanks for playing along with us at PWCO and I look forward to seeing you next week.
-Karen Lynn, PWCO DT member

RiNNE said...

Love that sentiment! Great card!!