The Stamps I Use

Monday, July 5, 2010

Getting Sketchy with Jillibean Soup

...

Hi folks,

Have you ever found yourself in possession of paper so delicious you just couldn't bear to cut into it? Oh my, that is how I feel about this oh so pretty Jillibean Soup Old World Cabbage Stew paper collection that I won as a blog candy a while back. I've been trying to figure out HOW I could make cards for my dearly beloved so I could {technically} keep the cards I made with the paper - but, well, some of the pretty papers just scream girlie cards so I can't really use them on cards for my sweetie.


So this weekend I gave in and used some of them on a card for my dearly beloved's sister-in-law (whose birthday was this weekend so yes, there I go ... AGAIN ... with another late card). I used this week's Get Sketchy Sketch #45 for the layout.




As I mentioned, the patterned paper is Jillibean Soup Old World Cabbage Stew. The dark cocoa twine is also from Jillibean Soup (Bean Stalks - Mini Flowers) as is the pretty butterfly stamp (Handmade). The sentiment is Verve.


I actually stamped the butterfly four times and coloured (Copics YG63, B91, YG11) and cut out three of them for layering (popped up with glue dots for just a little dimension).


I thought that for a little added interest, I would knot the twine through eyelets - my Crop-a-Dile is finally seeing some love again for setting eyelets! Lucky for me I had eyelets in this pretty blue to match the patterned papers!


Since this month's challenge at Caardvarks is to create a birthday card, I'll be submitting this card for that challenge.
Well, that's it for this post, hope you are all having a lovely day! And if you have never picked up Jillibean Soup Papers, I highly recommend them - they are a nice, heavy-weight paper, double-sided patterns and you will be hard-pressed to cut into them once you actually feel them in your hands. Just saying....you WILL be tempted to hoard them.

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Tanya Rudd said...

Sigh, Jillibean Soup paper rocks! As does your card.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

Yes! I have lots of those papers/supplies that I can't bear to part with!!! Your card is lovely! Those papers are so pretty!