The Stamps I Use

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jade is in the Pink

Hi folks

Well, amidst all the late afternoon chick flicks starring Meg Ryan, I managed to make this card for one of my nieces for her upcoming birthday (I wasn't feeling particularly motivated to do much of anything today).





I took my inspiration for this card from several challenges out there this week:
- layout: Tickled Pink Stamps
- colour scheme (pink, black, white): Anyone for Anya
- lots of layers: Paper Sundaes
- pretty pearls: Quixotic Challenges
- pink it up: Kraftin Kimmie (I'm not eligible for the prize since this isn't a Kraftin Kimmie image - but I'm a fan of their stamps and have quite a few even if I don't have the time to ink them all up!)

So...a few details about the card.
- stamped image: Jade from The Greeting Farm Roll Call Set. Coloured with Copic Markers (E00, E000, C3, C5, C7, C9, RV10, RV32, RV34). I decided to have some fun with her and give her pink hair to match the papers.
- sentiment: from The Greeting Farm Happy Day Set
- patterned paper and cardstock: CTMH - not sure the paper pack but it is a really old one, retired I believe. Working on cutting down the stash and these papers fit the challenge perfectly.
- Spellbinders: Deckled Rectangles
- buttons, half-back pearls and black ribbon from my stash.


So there you have it. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

12 comments:

RiNNE said...

I think this card is one of my favorites! Love everything about it-- the layers, colors, flowers!!

Sparkle said...

This is just darling! This use to be my fav CTMH paper!

Tanya Rudd said...

WOW! This rocks Sheena, another fabulous Sheena creation that goes up on my favorite list.
Hugs
Tanya

Julie said...

Cute card, I like the pink hair. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya? this week.

alicaz said...

so cute! Lovely colors and I love the buttons too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Sharon said...

Great card Sheena, love the pink hair & those gorgeous buttons.
Thanks for joining us at Anyone For Anya.
Hugs
Sharon x

Kellie Winnell said...

OOOO this is absolutely AWESOME! I love the colours and the way you followed the sketch is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at TPS this month.
Hugs Kel x

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

What a cute card! Love the pink and black color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

kim-paperbabe said...

Fabulous card, love the image and colour combo!!!
Thanks for joining us at Quixotic Challenges this week
HuGs Kim :)

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Pink and black are one of my favorite combinations. Love the pink hair and boots on Anya. Very cute!

yvonne said...

Lovely card. Great image
Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya
Yvonne x

Peta's Blog said...

Gorgeous card! I love that stamps and you have done a fabulous job colouring her! I love that DP too. Thanks foe joining the fun at TPS xoxo Peta