The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation - in 3D!

Hi folks,

I promise this is the last of my posts for today - but you will be happy you stuck with me. Lookie at this!




Remember those Kindergarten Graduation Cards I posted a few days back for dearly beloved's nieces? Well, I FINALLY got around to making the little gift boxes to go with them! Now, isn't this one of the cutest little themed gift boxes you have EVER seen? 

Well, if you are a fan of the uber-talented Sunghee Chon, then you have seen this box before over at her blog Creativity in Progress. She creates templates that are currently available for download via After Five Designs. The templates are very reasonably priced and, if you have a grad in your future, I highly recommend you snag this template right now as I am not sure how long it will be available for download. I easily whipped up two of these in under an  hour - including the time it took to print the templates (bottom and top for two boxes), cut them out, score, fold and adhere together. The instructions are super easy to follow - especially when you print the template on the reverse side of your paper! Now I really regret not taking the time to make one for my niece before I went to Newfoundland - or at least printing the pieces and assembling once I got there. I know she would have loved it.



If any of you are wondering about the tassle - I dashed out to FabricLand to pick them up. They have quite an assortment of colours. I chose pink to go with my CTMH Tulip cardstock but they also have white, blue, etc.


I filled the boxes with lots of little hair baubles for the girls. I would have gifted them with earrings as I did with my niece only I don't know if they have pierced ears or not.

Anyways, that's it for me for tonight...I hope I haven't burnt out all my mojo as I still have lots of cards on my whiteboard list that need making for July! Feel free to scroll down to check out the other three posts from today!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

You rocked this Sheena! Love the colors. I cheated with my tassel too, I got mine off a bookmark teehee!

Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

WoWoWoW!!! Your posts keep getting better!! I love this!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Such a cute idea! I love it.

sunghee said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
This is great! and I'm in love the with color! Looks so great, is it really my template? =)
Thank you also for the lovely write-up!