The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Playing in the Sugar Bowl

Hi folks,


Well, Tanya was such a sweetie and passed along a Sugar Nellie Stamp of which she had a double (ETA - Tanya reminded me that she was lucky enough to have two of these because Sunghee sent her this stamp and she won one as well - don't you love how we all share!)- lucky me! I actually HAD to ink it up the very night I got it - just because. I actually have another sweet Sugar Nellie stamp (also from Tanya) that I have sitting partially coloured since early May on my craft table - just not onto a card yet!




Anyways, I coloured the image with Copics (E00, E000, E31, E35, E39, G07, G09, G21, T0, T2, C3, C5 and C7) after stamping it with Memento Tuxedo Black on Prism Simply Smooth paper.

The patterned paper is from American Traditional Designs (Classic Sports Paper Pack Collection - a steal I picked up for $1 on clearance at Zellers many months ago). The cardstock is CTMH Chocolate.

I thought that the horizontal strip of striped paper was lacking a little something so I added some of the very cool Washi tape that Tanya also gave me.

Notice the soccer ball embellies on the left side of the card? Those are leftover buttons I had from when I did my project for Team International Ink. Trust me I have a LOT of those buttons.

Oh, and the layout is from this week's Sugar Bowl challenge. I only used my Spellbinders Petite Circles on this card. The rest of the layers are simply cut with my paper trimmer.

Anyways, I actually have a few projects waiting in the wings which I have completed these last couple of days - stay tuned! I may actually post them all tonight instead of dishing them out over the next three days....the boys are playing guitar upstairs so I'm plunked in front of the tv watching SPACE (as usual). Keeping cool in this atrocious heat - and, I think, nursing a summer cold....

5 comments:

Lilian said...

What an adorable card and your copic coloring is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Tanya Rudd said...

Hi Sheena, don't forget the thank Sunghee too, she won the first one and sent it to me, so I "paid it forward". LOVE how you used the washi tape, the rich brown is just perfect.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

What an awesome card! The colors go well together and you're right-- the washi tape was the perfect addition! Hope you get over your cold soon!

Fluffles said...

Brilliant card, really love it. Your colours work really well together & the image is fab. Jx

Sunghee said...

oh what a great idea! I love how he is sitting down.