The Stamps I Use

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cocktail Emily - with Cherry-O

Hi folks,

I wasn't expecting to post a card today but dearly beloved advised me this morning that an invitation had been extended to us to join some friends to play a board game tonight .... I was kind of ... meh....I feel mellow...then he tried to lure me with "it's a zombie board game"....uhhh...still meh.....but if you want to go .... sure.....then a little while later .... "there's going to be cake".....okay already!!!


Well, I little while later I found out that this was actually a small get-together to mark the birthday of a friend of the folks who had extended the invitation. Okay...now I know a bit more....sure, I'll definitely go. The birthday girl is a real sweetie.....

So THEN....dearly beloved says "You gonna make a card? Or do you have one upstairs already?"....well of course I have some upstairs but I'm going to make a new one! It's an excuse to use one of my new stamps from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps - dearly beloved even agreed with the one I chose - Cocktail Emily.




I coloured the image with Copic Markers (Y13, Y11, Y23, YR23, R00, R20, RV10, RV11, RV13, RV14, C1, E00, E000, YG11, YG17, G21, BG10, B91, B95, B23). Actually, I coloured up two of these so now I have an extra for another card! This time I'm planning ahead for another birthday in September!

The papers are CTMH Cherry-O with Chocolate and Sweet Leaf cardstock.

I used this week's sketch from Sketch Saturday for the layout.

I'm also playing along with this week's challenge from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps by using my favourite embellishment - BUTTONS!!! These are from CTMH (chocolate and colonial white) and have been tied together with chocolate waxy flax. There is still time to play along - you could win yourself a Cocktail Emily stamp of your very own!


Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!

5 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

Tanya Rudd said...

Love this image. The cherry paper is wonderful too.
Hugs
Tanya

sunghee said...

absolutely beautiful card! Love the image you loved. Sooo not healthy for my wallet, hehe. I love how you stacked two buttons together. beautful!

RiNNE said...

Lovely colors...the cherry is too cool!

Terry said...

Hiya Kanata, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday with your fabulous card, love the colors and your image is just too darn cute. Hugs Terry xxx