The Stamps I Use

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friends are always by your side

Hi folks,


Wow -- talk about a super crafty week - can you believe all the projects I have posted this week compared to the previous two (this is even my second post for today!)? What can I say - I'm an on-demand crafter (not in-demand -- on-demand...there's a BIG difference! I only seem to be able to create when I have a PRESSING reason .. and even then I've been known to procrastinate!)

Since I wasn't sure if my friend would like her TGF Nahla card  I made for her, I thought I would take the opportunity to ink up one of my new Rachelle Ann Miller stamps from PaperWorksCo.



I had originally stamped the image on white Prism Simply Smooth but when I held it up next to these pretty Earth Love papers from Cosmo Cricket it just didn't work --- so, I stamped it up AGAIN on some Ivory instead and coloured it a little differently (bonus - I have an already coloured image waiting to be used on another card). It still looks a bit light in the photo but in real life it is a slightly better match. I think the lighting is messing it up a bit in the photo.

I coloured the image with Copic Markers (Y13, YR04, YG63, E00, YR02, E35, E39, E31, E11) and die cut it with Spellbinders Classic Rectangles.

Anyways, the layout is all me.....no sketch inspiration or anything for this one. Oh ... the blingy bits (flower, dew drops and ribbon) all came from my July papercard kit from PaperWorksCo.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend - I have one more day of work then I plan to relax, maybe garden. I'm on call again this weekend so no long trips on the motorcycle...can't be any more than 20 minutes from home in case the pager goes off! But I may just have to plot out a 20 minute radius around the house and explore every little side street I can find.

2 comments:

sunghee said...

this is beautiful! love the color and the papers. beautiful!

RiNNE said...

Aaacccck! I have to get that stamp! Great sketch and love the papers you used!