The Stamps I Use

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Packet!

Hi folks....

so....some of you may know that my dearly beloved and I do not have children - but we do have two fur-babies. Well, today is our oldest cat's fourth birthday - Happy Birthday Packet!! (yes, that is a computer geek name - and please, don't mind the half-painted walls behind him in this pic - I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to painting).




Isn't he a handsome puddin'? And yes, Crazy Cat Lady that I am, I made him a birthday card. Here it is!



Yes, I will really put it in with his birthday present - cat treaties and cat toys.

Anyways, some details about the card.

The stamped image is Surprise Cheer from PaperWorksCo and is coloured with Copic Markers (B21, B24, B00, B000, E00, E31, E33, R20, R24, YR00, YR02, YR04, E25, E27). I thought a mouse on his card would be kind of fitting since he IS a cat and two of his presents are electronic mice toys.

The papers are CTMH You Rock and the sentiment is from the CTMH From Me To You set (D1247).

Challenges for this card:
  • sketch is this week's Sunday Sketch from PaperWorksCo
  • PaperTake Weekly Challenge: 3-2-1 Recipe (I used 3 DPs, 2 buttons and 1 image stamp)
  • PaperCrafts Connection Challenge: Pleats (I pleated a strip of DP to create a nice little effect across the bottom panel).

Anyways, maybe later there will be pictures of him getting into his prezzie and sharing his birthday dinner with his younger sibling, Newton.

Hope you all have a great day!

7 comments:

Tanya R said...

What an awesome picture of your boy Packet. Very handsome card for him as well. Awesome coloring too.
Hugs
Tanya

Danielle said...

Haha - I love Packet's birthday card! He is one lucky kitty!!
Hugs, Danielle x

Maren said...

So cool!! HOW fun. I love how you added the pleats! Thanks for playing along and linking it up!
Hugs,
Maren

Amy said...

Packet is such a handsome cat and his birthday card is awesome! What cat wouldn't want a mouse jumping out of a cake! Love your paper mix and the ribbon detail is too cool!

RiNNE said...

I adore his name and that picture! He's got great posture! :) Love hte card, especially that pleating!

Kelly Bee said...

I saw this on PWCO blog and admired the colour combination...a really striking card!

sunghee said...

teeheeheehee. you are making me laugh. hehe. what a perfect card for the handsome cat! Love the name, btw. And the photo is stunning!