The Stamps I Use

Monday, August 2, 2010

Home is where the heart is

Hi folks,

if you are stopping by for my post for the TGF 2nd Anniversary blog hop, just scroll down to the previous post or you can click through here.

I made the following card for friends of ours who recently moved in to their new home. We finally got to pay them a short notice visit yesterday (as we had a change to our original plans due to dearly beloved's broken finger) so I whipped up this card.




I was looking through my stamps and came to the sad realization that, despite having an awful lot of stamps, I don't have any "new home" stamps! Must remedy that soon! But my new goodies that I won from Colorbök
came in very handy. The pretty patterned papers and the punch out sentiment are all from the Earth Tone Florals Punch-Out 12x12 Pack and were perfect for this card. The textured Twilight cardstock is from Close To My Heart.

And no, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I got my sewing machine out for this one a did a little zigzag stitch around the inside of patterned paper - after I had distressed the edges a little with my CTMH Distressing tool that I finally found hiding in my tool caddy.


Challenges for this card:

Sketch: Get Sketchy #49
Paper Sundaes: Stitching
Alota Rubber Stamps: make a distressed card (I have some really cute new stamps from Alota and hopefully you will see them here on the blog really soon - featuring absolutely the most adorable cow you have ever seen!)

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Marie said...

Lovely card!

Thank's for participating in Alot 'Distress' challenge!

Marie

Pattie said...

Great stitching on a very pretty card - thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

RiNNE said...

Wonderful stitching!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Great card, I love the way you laid out the papers together, they work so well! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I really like the colors. Great card.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Wendy

Nana said...

Very pretty card in nice color combination!
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week. Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

Andrea said...

So, so pretty!!