The Stamps I Use

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kickstarting the Christmas Mojo

Hi folks,

Well, I got distracted by "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" today so I didn't get as much crafting done as I had hoped. I did try to kickstart my Christmas mojo today after I saw the reminder post on JustRite about their sponsoring of the current Caardvarks Challenge to make a Christmas tag or mini-card using your stamps.


Since I am WAY behind on my Christmas card making this year, I decided I could start out small with this challenge.  So, I hit up my Christmas Paper scrap box and pulled out three shipping tags and came up with these three tags:




The sentiment and poinsettia are from Verve's Poinsettia Christmas set.

For each of the Poinsettia flowers, I stamped the outline image four times. I then stamped the fill image four times with CTMH Holiday Red- twice with the image fully inked and twice more with the residual ink. I also used my CTMH Clover Meadow marker to colour the bottom layer so they looked like leaves. I then fussy cut the four poinsettias for layering with glue dots. I then added some pale green gems in the centre of the poinsettias for a little something extra.

Except for the fussy cutting, these tags were fairly easy to make - start with shipping tags and scraps of leftover paper, some ric-rac and away you go!

Hope you are having a lovely day! Imagine Christmas in August - which is also this week's challenge at Sew Many Challenges!

10 comments:

Nathalia Castellon said...

Oh, this is just so lovely! Those light green gems in the poinsettia is sheer perfection! :)

Tanya Rudd said...

I envy your ability to start early! These are fabulous.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

Soo cute!!! These are such great pointsettas!

~Jeri~ said...

Love your tags! Very simple and clean! I love your poinsettias, they're put together beautifully! Fabulous job!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!!

Sparkle said...

These are just lovely!

kim.mom said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! What a great job! TFS with us at SMC!

Linda Beeson said...

Those are very cute and will come in handy.

Kym Weber said...

Beautiful tags! The poinsettia image is done amazingly! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sew Many Challenges! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Gorgeous tags! Very rich looking!

Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

sunghee said...

i love this! what a good idea. I should start making christmas tags. it'll so versatile when the time comes. I am sooo behind on card making.